News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Adjust the angle of back in seats

Started by erlendch, November 03, 2013, 08:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erlendch

Hey, is it really no option to adjust the angle on the back of the seats on 69 charger? Ive been looking around in my car, but cant find it.. Thx!

Mike DC

No recline adjustment from the factory.

Those seats have never been popular.  
The car magazine reviewers even complained about them when the cars were brand new.

polywideblock

I just don't get it, Chrysler Australia had reclining buckets as an option almost right from the get go.

you need to look for a set of Australian charger reclining  buckets they are fully adjustable and look almost identical to us high back  b body buckets  :Twocents:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

erlendch

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 03, 2013, 08:43:42 PM

No recline adjustment from the factory.

Those seats have never been popular.  
The car magazine reviewers even complained about them when the cars were brand new.

Ah ok! Anyone know where I can buy similiar looking seat with recliner option?

Charger-Bodie

You can rearrange the spacers under the seats to gain some recline.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

RGA

My back seats never sit right either. Always wondered if they were from another car.

Mike DC

There are lots of aftermarket seats that look nothing remotely like the stockers.

I looked into welding the recline feature of another seat into the frames of a '69 front bucket.  But I eventually decided that there was more wrong with the stock seats than right.  By the time you get done fixing everything wrong with them you have basically built an entire new seat.  They stockers don't recline, or adjust up/down, they are heavy, they aren't strong enough in the backs to be safe in a crash, they have zero side bolstering, etc.  

The Scat ProCar Rally seats (aftermarket) have some fans lately.  They are an attempt to sell something that looks sorta like a 1960s car seat but with modern side bolstering & recline, etc.  It is not even close to a Charger seat in particular, but its closer than most of what you find in modern cars or most aftermarket seats.    

------------------------------------

The factory Mopar low-back bucket seats are strangely shaped so its difficult to find another seat that goes right in there to replace them.  Basically, the upper part of the seat is too small for the lower part (compared to most car seats).  The seatbacks are particularly short.   Most anything else you find is going to stick up a couple inches higher and be wider at the shoulder area.  

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Wouldn't an optional 6-way track help w/ angles, etc.?  :popcrn: Understood, you cannot tilt just the back, but the rest would adjust, no?

Dino

If you want to keep it looking stock, look for a 69-69 C body seat from an Imperial or something.  They have all the nice goodies.  Also look into the new seat foam and covers from Legendary that have much more support and look the closest to the real deal.  If all you need to do however is change the angle of the seat then adapt the frame to stay in the spot you want it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.