News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dashboard removal

Started by Evolution69, October 29, 2013, 11:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evolution69

Dash board removal

Just need some help on taking the dash out.

This is where I am, I removed the windshield and have loosened the 5/6 nuts that go across the top, Also one on each side of the kick panel, I have disconnected everything behind the gauges, but not sure how to disconnect the cable going to the vents above where the radio sat?.

I removed the 3/4 bolts at the floor pan for the steering column and the 2/3 that where under it and disconnected the wiring, In the engine bay I removed the 2 bolts going down the shaft near the break booster.

Now the steering moves back half an inch and drops down half an inch or so give or take...

But the driver side dash is still not wanting to come lose from its corner, So my question is can the dash still come out?, Or do I need to pull out the column fully?.

This is where my issue is, I researched and found there is a coupler pin to pull out, / and I can't seem to locate it, I still have the engine in the car but i've looked with a torch and can't find it.

Any advise would be great thank you
Matching numbers 1968 Dodge Charger RT

"Because bad guys always drove Chargers" - Richard Hammond

el dub

pic of pin and spring clip you have to take off to remove column.  lw
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Evolution69

Thats great thank you very much  :cheers:  :cheers:
Matching numbers 1968 Dodge Charger RT

"Because bad guys always drove Chargers" - Richard Hammond

Dino

I remember pulling the dash on my 68 and I never removed the column.   :shruggy:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

el dub

Quote from: Dino on October 30, 2013, 06:24:12 AM
I remember pulling the dash on my 68 and I never removed the column.   :shruggy:

Did you lower the column or just lift the dash over the steering wheel
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Dino

Quote from: el dub on October 30, 2013, 07:01:02 PM
Quote from: Dino on October 30, 2013, 06:24:12 AM

Did you lower the column or just lift the dash over the steering wheel

I removed the steering wheel and likely removed the 4 bolts at the firewall.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

VegasCharger

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

You don't have to remove the steering column, just drop it.