News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

replacing the fender tags?

Started by Lord Warlock, November 08, 2013, 01:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

Where do people go to have new fender tags made.  Heard some have had them stolen, I still have mine but i took it off years ago because it was rusting away, most of it is readable but it rusted through one corner which goes through a couple of the codes, so I'd want to have a replacement made to put on the car now that its repainted.   Don't want to put the original on.  Does anyone make them without requiring us to send the original in, or with the title/build sheet?  I can provide a copy of the build sheet but i'm not sending my original build sheet in anywhere, its the only one i have and not worth the risk of losing it.  Have the title somewhere, haven't had it registered in almost 30 years so that would be more problematic.  

I did search for an answer first, and the one shop that looked like they made them didn't have dodge tags listed as an option, just GMs. 

LW
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Ghoste

charger_fan_4ever

I think I recall a post by a knowledgeable guy on here that the guys at Marti(ford marti reports) do a good job for mopars.

Edit: darn good memory lol
It was maxwellwedge

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,67880.0.html

That is who i'm going with for my repro tag. Its a rusty cracker. :(

68X426

Use the old rusted tag in a framed display, along with the buildsheet being framed. Makes for a nice piece of story telling.  :yesnod:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow