News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trunk wont open

Started by cowboy4x4n, November 26, 2013, 10:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy4x4n

guys went to unlock the 69 trunk to get some tools and the key now turns 180 degrees and no unlatching.  how do I get into the trunk to fix this

JB400

Pull the backseat and either crawl in the back or get a few long extensions and the correct size socket to unbolt the latch.

Sounds like either the latch is broke, or the rod that goes into the latch fell off/ broke  from the lock.

cowboy4x4n

ok gotcha ty.  sounds like im crawling inside all my tools are in the trunk lol

Ghoste

Especially on a 1st gen, because you aren't going through the backseat on one of those.

cudaken

Had the same problem with my 68 Road Runner. Pulled the seat and there was no way my fat butt was going to fit!  :smilielol:

Went to Sears's and bought a 18 inch long screw driver, that did the trick.

Cuda Ken
I am back

ODZKing

Quote from: Ghoste on November 27, 2013, 10:16:32 AM
Especially on a 1st gen, because you aren't going through the backseat on one of those.
Exactly   :yesnod:

ACUDANUT

That's when a kid comes in handy  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

On the other models that works.  The 1st gens have that fold down hatch behind the rear seats and it latches from inside the trunk.  If the panel is down even a fat guy can get through.  If its up, not even a kid (or a spider monkey) will get back there. :lol: