News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AERO CARS

Started by 69_500, March 04, 2006, 06:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Just thought I'd put up how I appreciate having a seperate section for the aero cars. I don't know if it was really necessary but I do appreciate it. Considering that I do about 75% of my posting or more in just the aero car threads.

Definately saves me time in searching through all the new threads as I can just come to this new section.

Thanks Troy.

hotrod98

:iagree:

Yes, thanks Troy.
It was difficult trying to locate the various posts regarding the wing cars. I would realize days or weeks later that I had missed a post because it was in an area that I hadn't visited in a while. It might take a while for everyone to get used to posting in this area but I think it will catch on and everyone will enjoy it.
Thanks again.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

thallium

Yes,  thank you. I think that was an awesome idea. thanks....

BigBlockSam

seems like a cool idea but it could get ugly,   :blahblah:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

Well, seeing as how I put the same thread up twice, I also have to go on record as appreciating it.  I seem to spend a great deal of time on the aero car threads too so this should be fun.

69_500

I guess that there was just too much aero talk going on in general discussion huh? JK

I love the new section, but then again I'm a bit biased towards the aero cars anyways.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on March 05, 2006, 12:49:48 PM
I guess that there was just too much aero talk going on in general discussion huh? JK

I love the new section, but then again I'm a bit biased towards the aero cars anyways.

wuch you talkin bout?  You?  biased?  Nahhhh!   :icon_smile_big:

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hotrod98

Since this board is generic as far as the aero cars and clones are concerned, I've invited a couple of superbird clone guys over to show off some of their projects as well. When I get rolling on my bird clone, I'll post some info on it and my daytona clone.
I look forward to hearing from these guys. They have some pretty wild projects going on. I hope everyone welcomes them to our new aero car home.  ;D

I have a few pics of their cars, but I'll let them do their own posting. You'll be impressed.

Charles Addams

Old Moparz

I just noticed this section this morning & thought it was a great idea. I like reading over the aero topics, but like others mentioned, they get a little lost or forgotten at times. It'll be nice to go to one spot for some of the reference pics, or to see how far along someone is with a project. Sometimes the titles of the topic have been similar & you're not sure if it's one you've read over or not.

So, now that this section is here, I'll have to find something new to post.   :2thumbs:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

65post

This is what was missing.Great call.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Boo? I would have thought you'd be on the side cheering for this section Troy. Or are you going to BOOOOO until you get a winged car of your own?     

Ghoste

Or maybe it's just something about guys named Troy and sarcasm? ;)

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: thallium on March 04, 2006, 07:47:56 PM
Yes,  thank you. I think that was an awesome idea. thanks....
:iagree: thanks
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

Heck if I knew all it would take to get this aero section was a few PM's to Troy I'd have sent him dozens last year. :)

PocketThunder

It been 4 days and i am addicted to this Aero Car Forum now...... i hardly ever get thru a page of General Dicussion or a half a page of Off Topic.... :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on March 07, 2006, 05:21:42 AM
Boo? I would have thought you'd be on the side cheering for this section Troy. Or are you going to BOOOOO until you get a winged car of your own?     

No,,, not Boooo, as in bad, Booooo, as when a ghost scares you.....   Boooooooo :eek:

:2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

dads_69

PocketThunder, this new forum is an addiction isn't it!? Thanks Troy for the new forum and to those who have helped many of us with the questions an info. of our clones and those who have real Daytonas I'm sure thank you as well.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

69_500

You mean there is still a general area?

BigBlockSam

QuoteYou mean there is still a general area? 
:smilielol:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Quote from: 69_500 on March 08, 2006, 06:43:54 AM
Heck if I knew all it would take to get this aero section was a few PM's to Troy I'd have sent him dozens last year. :)

I'm willing to bet that Troy thinks we all got together on pm'ing him regarding the creation of this new discussion board. As for me, I had no idea that you guys were requesting the same thing. Now that's funny...

Charles Addams

nascarxx29

Nice to have this all wing car forum .Good idea
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

I feel bad now as I didn't PM him once about an aero or winged car section. I wish that I had though as they are by far the things I like to discuss the most.

hotrod98

If Rene (bigblocksam) hadn't told me about Larry (daytonalo) posting pics of his vega plug in the body and paint section, I would have missed it entirely. Since I deal with body and paint on a daily basis, I seldom check that section out. Now, with this new board, it looks like I won't be missing anything related to wingcars. I love it more everyday.

Charles Addams

nascarxx29

Daytonalo lives near my area .And visits my original daytona for reference .For his car hes building and doing some really nice work
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701