News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 days with a brand new challenger

Started by 1BAD68, November 14, 2013, 11:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

Brand loyalty is fine, but you don't have to buy all your cars from your favorite brand.  I'm a mopar fan, but not a fan of the new 4 door chargers, I don't hate on them, but I also don't look at them when they drive by on the street, I do however look at the challengers, trying to locate the srt8 badge, or the r/t badge.  And I wave if they are close enough to see it.  Don't do that with every car i like, just a few.  If the wife or kid needs a car, I'll get whatever i think works for them, but for me, I'll look at the mopars first, then ford second.  Don't even glance at chevy.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

daveco

Quote from: Lord Warlock on December 16, 2013, 07:01:32 PM
... I'll look at the mopars first, then ford second.  Don't even glance at chevy.
Same here.
R/Tree

6spd68

Quote from: daveco on December 16, 2013, 07:09:14 PM
Quote from: Lord Warlock on December 16, 2013, 07:01:32 PM
... I'll look at the mopars first, then ford second.  Don't even glance at chevy.
Same here.

I second that, will always have a soft spot for Fords.  I've owned 4 different Fox-body Thunderbirds over the course of 10 years, enjoyed them rather much.

My biggest bias against Fords and Chevs aren't so much the cars themselves, but the retards that drive'em.  Bow-tie guys being the special ones of the bunch.  Ignorance and lack of appreciation for fine machines based soley on brand loyalty runs rampant within those communities. 

And on a personal note; I don't care what anyone says, a 408 Ford stroker (351W base) has way more snap to it then any 383 stoker (350 4-bolt)you can build.  "Reliabilty at the track" aside, have driven a few 408's & 351's on the street and they've always felt better then any 383 or 350, regardless of the power claims by the owner, or how much was put into it.  Not trying to start a fight or anything on here, just a matter of personal opinion.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Patronus

My brother just bought a '13 black-top, 6 speed, leather, no navi, heated seats... sick car. With-in 24 hours another friend bought a black '13 v6. Its spreading like a disease!!
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Lord Warlock

Don't knock a breed just because of a few idiot owners, you have to understand that because they're pretty common, and alot of them are out there still, the youngest and dumbest are able to get their hands on one for a cheap price.  But think back to when you were their age, you also likely got a car that others coveted and likely did stupid stuff with it as well.  I know i did when I got my charger r/t.

Three years ago, when i bought my 2010 challenger r/t, I was the only person in the neighborhood with one, evidently it made an impression because now there are 4 others, two black ones, one purple striped one, and an orange one.  At least two are r/t classics like mine.  No srt8's that i know of. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

myk

Finally got a chance to drive a '13 V6 Challenger that a friend was renting.  The car moved, stopped and turned well enough on its own (obviously better than my '69), but I just couldn't appreciate sitting in and driving this car.  Worst thing of all was the complete lack of visibility behind me: because of the super-high headrests and the tiny quarter and rear windows I couldn't see a thing behind and to the side of me, and I don't think any amount of adjusting of my seat or getting to know the car would've fixed it.  The auto-stick was a cute distraction, but I hope no potential owners are planning on replacing a full manual with this thing. I think it's a fine car in its own right, but after one drive in this Challenger and a '12 Mustang I'd have to go with the Ford...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

6spd68

Quote from: myk on January 06, 2014, 01:26:26 AM
Finally got a chance to drive a '13 V6 Challenger that a friend was renting.  The car moved, stopped and turned well enough on its own (obviously better than my '69), but I just couldn't appreciate sitting in and driving this car.  Worst thing of all was the complete lack of visibility behind me: because of the super-high headrests and the tiny quarter and rear windows I couldn't see a thing behind and to the side of me, and I don't think any amount of adjusting of my seat or getting to know the car would've fixed it.  The auto-stick was a cute distraction, but I hope no potential owners are planning on replacing a full manual with this thing. I think it's a fine car in its own right, but after one drive in this Challenger and a '12 Mustang I'd have to go with the Ford...

Agreed
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."