News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The new beginning; Elephant with wings.... Whatcha think?

Started by hemi68charger, November 15, 2013, 08:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

What we have here is another piece to the Hemi-puzzle, the special offset bracket, booster and master cylinder for Hemi-equipped Mopars with power brakes. A special "thank you" to Wayne of "theramman". He was adventure-enough to drive 4+ ho...urs from Ft.Worth to bring me the assembly and take the Bendix cores I had for him. It was pretty amazing to chat and discover all the people we mutually know, even shedding a tear about our common friend, which we didn't know the other knew, Jim Poncik. We share many different stories about our military careers, Christ, families and of course, mopars !!

Thanks Wayne !!! :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Got home this evening and placed the motor in the garage next to the future destination......... Thanks to Tom, the gent I bought the motor from. He was spot-on with his description and fabrication of a cool rolling dolly... Now, some more fun time in detailing.......
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on December 15, 2013, 12:15:31 PM
Yummy! :drool5:

Nice shopping cart dolly! 

Believe it or not, it actually is........ It just rolls all around without effort. I may just leave it on that instead of putting it on an engine stand. I can still detail it as it sits. Once I get to the point of mating the engine to the 727 and headers, then I'll position it on my other dolly that the k-member will sit on..... Tom has quite the imagination......... :2thumbs:
Troy

FJ5WING

This thread is really rolling along!  :popcrn:

I got my car back from the shop like two months ago and have little progress to mention. :P
wingless now, but still around.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 15, 2013, 05:54:56 PM
Might as well do the 4 speed swap while your at it.

I recommended the 5 spd swap,...easier now than later :icon_smile_big:

70Sbird

Troy, I really like where this is going. As you know I just did this swap on a Superbird. I'll start a new thread on my experience with this ordeal, hopefully this is not your first rodeo, and you have better luck than I did on this swap.
I used some of your info as a reference on your 68 Hemi swap

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

500Jon

Great thread going on here! :2thumbs:

Hemi over 440?
All Aero cars sholud have Hemi's and 4-speeds in my book LoL!

If and when my 440-C500 is done, it will be a Hemi-4speed-dana car.
As I would have ordered it back in the day!

Here's where the problem lies, most UK Moparfolks don't agree with engine/color swaps on rare Aero cars???

As they made 26 Hemi-4's (and only 25 440-4's) I think finding a real one is gonna be kinda hard LoL :smilielol:

Your thread has made me feel easier about fitting the Hemi now.

Sod the others, I'm having what I want. :moon:

Keep up the good work and Happy Christmas to you and your Hemi!!! :cheers:

500Jon
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

pettybird

Quote from: DAY CLONA on December 15, 2013, 06:17:22 PM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 15, 2013, 05:54:56 PM
Might as well do the 4 speed swap while your at it.

I recommended the 5 spd swap,...easier now than later :icon_smile_big:

smaller hole in the floor, too.  And it wasn't like my 4 speed swap was as cheap as I thought it would be, either...

WINGR

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 14, 2013, 11:45:28 PM
Got home this evening and placed the motor in the garage next to the future destination......... Thanks to Tom, the gent I bought the motor from. He was spot-on with his description and fabrication of a cool rolling dolly... Now, some more fun time in detailing.......

Congrats Bud, that is a thing beauty. Wow

hotrod98

Troy I vote that you stay with the automatic. I have a hemi automatic that I'm going to use in my F&F Daytona along with a GVO. I have enough manual trans cars and I'm tired of rowing gears in traffic.
I seriously had thought about installing my 426 hemi in my Superbird but the six pack runs great and gets decent fuel mileage. That and I have the custom air grabber hood and a real factory air grabber air cleaner setup on my six pack.  Kind of hated messing with that.
I'll just put the 426 into the F&F Daytona clone next year. Not sure which air cleaner will work with the Stage V dual quad FAST setup though. Might have to custom fab one. The center to center carb spacing on the Stage V intake is different than on the stock intake.
I like the chrome dome and someone said that they think they might make one with the wider spacing. Not sure.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

RJS

Troy it is great to see you going in this direction! It was tiring seeing your ad's posted on all the common sites for so long.  Finding the proper direction in a car you know through and through is definitely going to make you a happy man!!
Best of luck with this project.
Ron
:cheers:

hemi68charger

Quote from: RJS on December 21, 2013, 11:27:45 AM
Troy it is great to see you going in this direction! It was tiring seeing your ad's posted on all the common sites for so long.  Finding the proper direction in a car you know through and through is definitely going to make you a happy man!!
Best of luck with this project.
Ron
:cheers:

Thanks everyone........

My ads had a greater good, finding a Daytona that was closer to what my Dad had. I had two potentials, but the problem was I wasn't able to find a buyer for mine............ So, as I eluded to in the very beginning of the thread, I decided to just keep mine ( and as you have observed, I know it inside and out ). Now, I have direction that's in MY control, not at the mercy of someone buying mine........ So, that in itself is liberating,,,, in a mopar-sort-of-way...

The journey continues....... I'm getting a bunch of gifts from Santa ( by way of Jaime at MegaParts ) Monday...... :)

Troy

Daytona Guy

I don't think anyone should take a Charger and modify them at all from how they came originally :)

Dane

hemi68charger

Quote from: Daytona Guy on December 21, 2013, 03:27:24 PM
I don't think anyone should take a Charger and modify them at all from how they came originally :)

Dane

:2thumbs:   :smilielol:
Troy

odcics2

Quote from: Daytona Guy on December 21, 2013, 03:27:24 PM

Dane

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hemi68charger

Just got an early Christmas delivery from Santa-MegaParts.... Thanks Jaime.......

A bounch of parts per example:

both battery cables, carb air cleaner studs, various fasteners, date-coded Hemi spark plugs cables, etc...... Will be nice to see these on a freshly painted motor.....
Troy

Mopar John

Troy,
I am really enjoying your Daytona + Hemi = Hemi Daytona project!
You have nugged me forward on my R4 Daytona! I barter back and forth with my racing partner who rebuilds and builds 727 ransmissions. Last week I dropped off a fiberglass hood that I did for him. During our barter session we discussed where we were at? To even things up he is building me a stout 727 to go behind my old US 30 race motor!
If I decide to leave the R4 Daytona as is and rat rod it I will have the engine and trans to do it!!! I have taken an inventory of what would it would take to get it going and all I would need is a good convertor and a set of nice headers and mufflers!
MJ

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

hemi68charger

Right before my family's Christmas vacation, I received a bunch of parts from Jaime at MegaParts USA.  :icon_smile_big:

Today I replaced the intake fasteners that were on the motor with an OEM correct set with the proper return spring and throttle brackets. I also mocked up the throttle/kickdown assembly to make sure everything works fine. The kickdown is made by Brian Brady at crossramconnection, so quality stuff. I knew I forgot something, the rear body ground strap. So, that'll be on my next list. Need to have that installed prior to detail painting. I am going to go ahead and order a complete Hemi k-member and proper brackets for the car.... Heard some negative things about the Schumacher adapters and can't ever get ahold of John Azzurra to inquire about his hemi motor mount adapters.....
Troy