News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2015 Charger front end

Started by odcics2, October 19, 2013, 04:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UH60L

Quote from: bill440rt on October 26, 2013, 02:17:48 PM
I wasn't asking anyone in particular, dude. The question was rhetorical.
Not sure why you're getting so upset over this, but if you re-read my response dude I'm agreeing with you.
It's not retro. It's an improvement over the current front end (IMHO). You don't have to like it, and no one is forcing you to.   
And I am full aware it's a rendition, not an actual car. Dude.   
:2thumbs:

Funny, it sure looks like your replying to ME:

Quote from: bill440rt on October 23, 2013, 09:56:13 PM
Quote from: UH60L on October 23, 2013, 09:31:27 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on October 21, 2013, 09:12:47 PM
This just popped up on Moparts.
Hell yeah.  :drool5:

Sorry, but the only thing retro about that is the round lights (and the indents in the hood which are already on the current sedan...)

Who says it needs to be retro?  :shruggy:

Personally I think it's a styling improvement over the current large fish-mouthed cross hair grille.
Whether or not it becomes the actual 2015 model we'll just have to wait & see.

Please quote me the part where I mentioned liking it or not....

There is a difference between "getting upset" and pointing out someone else's reading comprehension problems.  This is literally an apples and grapefruit kind of thing.

Let me guess, Sue is your girlfriend or something......?

Since you don't get it, I might as well throw this back at you in your own language:

Who says it has to be modern?     :shruggy:

(clue: the answer to both questions is - "the people who wrote the title of the story accompanying that computer generated picture")

472 R/T SE

I'm smart enough to know the new Intrepid was never meant to be called the Charger, hence zero retro about it.  Don't belittle me Curtis.

Just because Fiat threw a few retro styling cues at this new generation does not influence prolly 80% of the buying public.  I'm sure they have no idea & don't care.  

If you reread what I said I was talking about Ford.
It's hard to restyle when it's a retro piece to begin with.  Don't know how my statement got twisted to where I was talking about Mopar?   :shruggy:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Ghoste on October 28, 2013, 07:04:42 AM
No but we are the captive audience and we deserve some recognition for that loyalty (some of us anyway).  Also I sincerely doubt Coronet would have received the same outrage given that it was frequently a four door family car including it last iteration.
And we have as much right to decry it as the ones ones who defend it.

Are you serious?   

TexasGeneral

I don't know what happened to this thread but..... I'd like to see the Scat Pack debut in full retro attire.. That would kick all the competitions asses.. :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

472 R/T SE

Before I go any further I thought I'd throw this in before someone beat me.   ;)
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 26, 2013, 07:06:31 PM
Usual suspects bantering over the new Charger.   :slap:  Comical.  

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on October 29, 2013, 04:47:49 AM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 26, 2013, 07:06:31 PM

Anyone seen the new generation Mustang.  Nothing retro about it.  

I wouldn't quite go that far.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2015-ford-mustang-leaked-360-view-and-full-details-news

New generation.  That looks like the same platform.  I'm talking about the new body for down the road.  2014 was suppose to be the new platform but the Falcon isn't selling in Australia so everything has been put on hold from what I've read.
It sounded like they wanted this model for the 50th anniversary.
Their reasoning is that they want a model they can sell worldwide.  No more building them for the US market persay.

I guess I just can't explain myself very well.  

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/next-generation-ford-mustang-to-drop-retro-styled-original-look-ar128107.html

...in a report by the Wall Street Journal, the American automaker is preparing a completely new and modern design for the next-generation Mustang. That means that the retro-styling of the current Mustang will be replaced by a more modern model that is said to look a whole lot like the Ford Evos Concept.

As far as the reasoning behind the decision to drop the classic Mustang look for the next-gen model, Ford pointed to the growing "Generation Y" market that doesn't carry as much fervor and attraction to the classic Mustang look as did the "Baby Boomer" generation. So with an entirely new market to cater to, the Blue Oval is looking at opening up yet another chapter of their iconic Mustang brand that could push for a new generation of loyal and passionate owners.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_vehicles/1001_next_ford_mustang_going_global/

Pic is of the Evo concept, strong cues from it are supposedly gonna make their way onto the Pony.

Ghoste

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 29, 2013, 02:01:05 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on October 28, 2013, 07:04:42 AM
No but we are the captive audience and we deserve some recognition for that loyalty (some of us anyway).  Also I sincerely doubt Coronet would have received the same outrage given that it was frequently a four door family car including it last iteration.
And we have as much right to decry it as the ones ones who defend it.

Are you serious?  

Absolutely.
Do you think there aren't marketing meetings where the captive customer is not discussed?  It's an actual part of the marketing decision process. Do I think there decisions should be made solely based on our opinions?  Of course not.  But the notion that our opinion should be dismissed out of hand because we are not majority is equally silly.  If we, the automotive enthusiast and to further refine it, the Charger afficianado's are not worthy of having our opinions considered, then let me ask you this.  What was the entire point of the huge marketing campaign based on comparing the new Chargers to the classic ones?  If we are so insignificant and the primary buying group has no clue or care about the heritage of the nameplate or the company, then why such great expense to compare them?  Why name it after the classic one at all?  Why so much press and money spent to play down the enthusiast and Charger fan opinions when the intial outcry went up over the car?  If we really have no bearing on the saleability of the car, why acknowledge our outcry at all?  If the true masses do not care about any retro styling in the car why did Fiat do it?  If the great buying masses do not care about it being four door and our never should be heard group makes noise about it, why throw us a bone with door and hood scallops and a taillight restyle?  Why did Fiat apply that tailllight restyle to their next name from the past, the Dart, if the enthusiast is so unworthy of consideration?
And I'm as equally serious about my statements as they pertain to the Coronet.  I'll point again to the Dart and note that there is much less concern about the styling of that car and its connection to the past than there was the Charger.  The Dart offered a few performance models but the greatest number were sold as economical four doors. 

472 R/T SE

ghoste, this was all I said about that car & I asked if you were serious cause to me, that was funny.  I didn't say much but what I did it looks like it sure wound you up, don't know why?  It wasn't on purpose.

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 29, 2013, 01:58:50 AM

Just because Fiat threw a few retro styling cues at this new generation does not influence prolly 80% of the buying public.  I'm sure they have no idea & don't care.  

------------------------------------

You edited your post.  

Again, I wasn't even talking about the Charger.

This is one of those agree to disagree, done.

bull

I'm smart enough to know the new Intrepid was never meant to be called the Charger, hence zero retro about it.  Don't belittle me Curtis.

Belittle you? Please. Do we have to go there?

Ghoste

Mike, don't misunderstand.  I clearly have strong feelings about the topic but in no way was I trying to be combative with you.  I have too much respect for you and value your opinions too much to be combative about a discussion on this kind of topic.  I did take it that you were questioning the statement and I did want to elaborate on my opinion and do so emphatically but trust me, if we were sitting in the shop together talking face to face I would not have appeared as anything but respectful.  Excited and earnest but completely as pals.
(which means I'm the one who is sorry)

JB400

I'm just glad the Dodge (Daimler) decided to bring back the nameplate instead of letting it fade off into obscurity. Just look at the other nameplates that could have been resurrected over the years, but just seem to be forgotten.

Ghoste

Well not a bad point there really.  For sure if it still provokes animated discussion after coming back nearly a decade ago they have kept the name at the forefront if nothing else.

bill440rt

Quote from: UH60L on October 29, 2013, 12:49:18 AM

There is a difference between "getting upset" and pointing out someone else's reading comprehension problems.  This is literally an apples and grapefruit kind of thing.

Since you don't get it, I might as well throw this back at you in your own language:

(clue: the answer to both questions is - "the people who wrote the title of the story accompanying that computer generated picture")

This is starting to get silly, don't you think?
Yes, I responded to your post. With a rhetorical question. On an open forum discussion. It in no way was a slam, dig, etc to you personally or anyone else.  :yesnod:
My reading comprehension skills are fine, thank you very much. The meaning of the article title on Allpar is crystal sparkling clear.  :yesnod:
I've never met Sue, but I'm sure she's quite a gal. Especially if she has big t*ts (wait, nevermind, I'm married).  :yesnod:
Your dislike seems to be in your tone. Maybe I really am mistaken. Are you saying you like the artist's rendition?  

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 29, 2013, 02:00:46 PM
I'm just glad the Dodge (Daimler) decided to bring back the nameplate instead of letting it fade off into obscurity. Just look at the other nameplates that could have been resurrected over the years, but just seem to be forgotten.

Hallelujah!!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

odcics2

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 29, 2013, 07:24:27 AM
ghoste, this was all I said about that car & I asked if you were serious cause to me, that was funny.  I didn't say much but what I did it looks like it sure wound you up, don't know why?  It wasn't on purpose.

------------------------------------

You edited your post.  

Again, I wasn't even talking about the Charger.

This is one of those agree to disagree, done.

Actually, the 2011 Charger re-styling was done pre-Fiat...    :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Fred

Quote from: MaximRecoil on October 21, 2013, 04:25:58 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on October 21, 2013, 03:11:24 PM
Looks chunky, IMO.    :Twocents:

I blame women. They tend to think chunky is "cute": chunky babies, chunky shoes, chunky cars ...

That's a stupid remark. I for one (and I'm sure there are many more women out there that will agree with me), do not think "chunky" is cute.
You make it sound like either women have designed or are behind the designs of the modern car or that they're all specifically designed by men with only women in mind.
Quite frankly, I find the remark insulting.
Mrs. Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

UH60L

Quote from: bill440rt on October 29, 2013, 03:32:39 PM
Quote from: UH60L on October 29, 2013, 12:49:18 AM

This is starting to get silly, don't you think?
Yes, I responded to your post. With a rhetorical question. On an open forum discussion. It in no way was a slam, dig, etc to you personally or anyone else.  :yesnod:
My reading comprehension skills are fine, thank you very much. The meaning of the article title on Allpar is crystal sparkling clear.  :yesnod:
I've never met Sue, but I'm sure she's quite a gal. Especially if she has big t*ts (wait, nevermind, I'm married).  :yesnod:
Your dislike seems to be in your tone. Maybe I really am mistaken. Are you saying you like the artist's rendition?  

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 29, 2013, 02:00:46 PM

Hallelujah!!

Uh, it got "silly" as soon as you replied the first time.  This the absolute last response your going to get on this subject:

Again, here is my original post:

"Sorry, but the only thing retro about that is the round lights (and the indents in the hood which are already on the current sedan...)"

Notice that neither the words "like" or "dislike" appear anywhere in it.  Neither do the phrases "have to be" or "should of been" or "I wish it was". 

Not once in that sentence did I announce my personal preferences in regards to the picture or the actual car it is being likened to.

If I see a picture of a Campbell's soup can, and the picture is labeled "beef vegetable soup" but the picture on the can is chicken noodle, and I make a comment that "that's not beef vegetable soup".......in no way was I stating that I liked it, hated it, or that it HAD to be beef vegetable soup.

It was a simple observation that, as far as I could tell, there was little or nothing retro in that picture.

I'm not sure if your just being a troll or if you really don't get it, but either way, I'm out.