News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

tranny shifts funny

Started by Bandit72, March 05, 2006, 04:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

ok..just got my charger running good and tonight is the first time i actually took it out and opened it up...well i realized that when it shifts into 3rd gear under wide open throttle the engine revs up in rpms for a second before it shifts from 2nd to 3rd, but other than that doesnt' slip at all...what do i need to do...a chevy guy told me taht i needed to adjust my kickdown, but i don't think thats it...i read in a book somewhere that the bands may need adjusted....btw..if i'm just driving normally, under gradual acceleration it doesn't seem to do it...at least not near as bad...thanks

later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

John_Kunkel

Have someone sit in the car and hold the throttle on the floor, from the engine compartment push rearward on the linkage and see if the transmission lever is near fully back. If not the linkage adjustment might be p0art of the problem.

The rpm flareup on the 2-3 upshift can also be the need for a kickdown band adjustment.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

72_rallye

Same thing happened to me on my 72 rallye,,,,it was the kickdown lever,,,adjusted it and no more revs between shifts !!!!