News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

must own car movies (revisited)

Started by The Ghoul, March 04, 2006, 01:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghoul

I gotta say;
two lain black top (concept is better than the movie but still fun)

gone in 60 seconds (orrigional, not too much of a fan of the re-make other than the eye candy.... 71 cuda that is :) )

dukes of hazzard (cant get enough of that movie despite its many flaws)

fast and furrious (sorry gents I know its not your cup of tea but its still performance cars, just a little diffrent style, plus where else can you see a 70 charger whoopin on a supra even with a thrown rod? and the comments that are made thru the movie are so great!! "came off the line so hard it twisted the frame"as he sez in amazement.. I just dont know where to start with that, unibody asside. )

smokey and the bandet

cannonball run

christean

did I miss any that you guys think I should check out. Notice no bullett, reasions, steve McQueens gay turtle neck and tweed jacket!!

JMF

Vanishing Point, awesome Dodge Challenger

Duel - Plymouth

Wraith - Dodge M4S

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry - Haven't seen it in years but lovely Dodge Charger

greenpigs

Quote from: The Ghoul on March 04, 2006, 01:48:07 AM
I gotta say;

gone in 60 seconds (orrigional, not too much of a fan of the re-make other than the eye candy.... 71 cuda that is :) )

fast and furrious (sorry gents I know its not your cup of tea but its still performance cars, just a little diffrent style, plus where else can you see a 70 charger whoopin on a supra even with a thrown rod? and the comments that are made thru the movie are so great!! "came off the line so hard it twisted the frame"as he sez in amazement.. I just dont know where to start with that, unibody asside. )

smokey and the bandet

cannonball run

christean

did I miss any that you guys think I should check out. Notice no bullett, reasions, steve McQueens gay turtle neck and tweed jacket!!

Doing a search for movies here, thats a good one.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

The Ghoul

Quote from: greenpigs on March 04, 2006, 07:46:46 AM
Quote from: The Ghoul on March 04, 2006, 01:48:07 AM
I gotta say;

smokey and the bandet

cannonball run

christean

Doing a search for movies here, thats a good one.
yeah I tried that for like 2 seconds and got board. Thats why I called it 'revisited'...
being add and not caring definetly has its advantages :D

Ghoste

Of course, in 1968, you would have had a turtleneck sweater and tweed jacket of your own and only hoped you could be as cool as Steve McQueen. ;)

The Ghoul

Quote from: Ghoste on March 04, 2006, 11:24:32 AM
Of course, in 1968, you would have had a turtleneck sweater and tweed jacket of your own and only hoped you could be as cool as Steve McQueen. ;)
sooooo, what your saying is every one was gay back then?

Ghoste

Except that back then, gay meant pleasant or happy. :icon_smile_big:

The Ghoul

Quote from: Ghoste on March 04, 2006, 12:28:28 PM
Except that back then, gay meant pleasant or happy. :icon_smile_big:
oops sorry yeah
I forgot the genneration gap thing..
so what you are saying is every one back then was elton john.... no, wate back then he was still in the closit..
they were poofs..... no, that was the british term for it
what was it back then... nancy boys? or is that going back too far...
ah well moot point, I would have been rocking the burn out biker/drifter look back then.
Never been one of those streight laced suburban types .

Ghoste

lol.  I don't remember.  It was not too open then.  If you didn't like McQueens costume choice, how did you like the Charger driving assasin's with their trenchcoats and ties and black rimmed glasses?  Didn't they look sinister?

The Ghoul

any body looks better in the right car  ;D -10 points for hub caps and not being able to keep up with the stang tho.
mustang+ turtle neck and tweed jacket = homo (bullet)
mustang + turtle neck tweed jacket and english drivers cap = homo (origional gone in 60 seconds)
cuda+ mullet + cheezy white sute = the man (nash bridges)
charger+ mullet (go figg) + grees money get up = awsome bad guy (cannon ball run 2)
blown 70 charger+muscles+ no hair= dumbass (fast and the furrious) what?? you dont expect to win them all do you  :icon_smile_big:
so judging from these you can extract that if your driving a mustang and have a tweed jacket, theres just no way to get the girl.
But if you have an old mopar and a mullet its all you.

Red440

Cannonball
David Carradine vs Bill McKinny (Best badguy ever ! :icon_smile_evil:)
Trans Am vs 68 Charger

GTX

Does anyone remember a flick from I think the 70's where it has these guys going around grudge racing these other guys and they go in a garage and steal a hemi or maybe it was a blower out of a car one night before a race so they can win?
I seem to remember them driving something like a Willy's or something like that and I seem to remember a hemi.

I may be mistaken since the last time I saw it was late night in the 80's and I don't think I've ever seen it all the way through.

Maybe I dreamt it all.

greenpigs

Quote from: Red440 on March 04, 2006, 03:54:39 PM
Cannonball
David Carradine vs Bill McKinny (Best badguy ever ! :icon_smile_evil:)
Trans Am vs 68 Charger
Quote from: GTX on March 04, 2006, 04:14:00 PM
Does anyone remember a flick from I think the 70's where it has these guys going around grudge racing these other guys and they go in a garage and steal a hemi or maybe it was a blower out of a car one night before a race so they can win?
I seem to remember them driving something like a Willy's or something like that and I seem to remember a hemi.

I may be mistaken since the last time I saw it was late night in the 80's and I don't think I've ever seen it all the way through.

Maybe I dreamt it all.

It was called Hot Rod GTX
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

GTX

It was called Hot Rod GTX

Awesome, I just bought that on Ebay now.

Thanks!!!!

69_500

No one is going to comment about the new movie called

Finish Line

I heard it is great. Not so great acting but definately a car movie. Good plot, plus it features a Superbird on the cover, always a plus.

I think someone is a bit off on the -10 points for the Charger not keeping up with the Mustang in the movie Builitt. It is the opposite the Mustang couldn't keep up with the Charger during filming.

Ghoste

Quote from: The Ghoul on March 04, 2006, 03:40:27 PM
so judging from these you can extract that if your driving a mustang and have a tweed jacket, theres just no way to get the girl.
But if you have an old mopar and a mullet its all you.

But in Bullitt he had Catherine Deneuve (a fine pull in the late 60's :icon_smile_big:) and the bad guys just had each other. :o
Sorry off topic but I couldn't resist.

The Ghoul

Quote from: 69_500 on March 04, 2006, 06:00:20 PM
No one is going to comment about the new movie called

Finish Line

I heard it is great. Not so great acting but definately a car movie. Good plot, plus it features a Superbird on the cover, always a plus.

I think someone is a bit off on the -10 points for the Charger not keeping up with the Mustang in the movie Builitt. It is the opposite the Mustang couldn't keep up with the Charger during filming.
but in the movie they portraied the charger as not being able to keep up with the stang... thast what I was refering to.

rt green

i just looked on greedbay and couldnt find hot rod gtx, or finish line. any one have a copy of either one?
third string oil changer

Ghoste

Actually, it was just Hot Rod (no GTX) and it was a made for TV movie.  It had a different name when it was first released but it escapes me now.  I have seen it advertised by specialty movie retailers but I can't give you much more detail than that.  I have a copy that I taped on VHS but I think if you hunt a little more you should be able to find it.
Finish Line was just released and you can find it at Memory Lane Films 559-297-0052 or
www.finishlinemovie.com

GTX

I'll make a dvd copy for you when I get it.
Shhh!!!!

rt green

third string oil changer

The Ghoul

Quote from: GTX on March 05, 2006, 04:21:43 PM
I'll make a dvd copy for you when I get it.
Shhh!!!!

I could be perswaded to keep that between us  ;D
+1  copy

Bullit_68

You guys should check out hondahog.com they have alot of hard to find car and biker movies and they are great to deal with.I,ve bought alot of movies there lately you can get them on dvd or vhs.