News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona clone 101

Started by bull, March 06, 2006, 07:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I have a few basic questions for the experts. I know Dane has some of the basics written down and ready to go such as which vendors have the best parts for a clone project. Anyway, here's a couple I've never gotten the answer to:

1. What year Vega do we look for to get a good hatch?
2. What year Charger is easiest to clone, '69 or '70? Seems the '70 nose would make it easy on that end but what about the marker lights?
3. Are the package trays usually hand made by each individual cloner (if that's a word) or does someone make them with a kit?
4. How come no one clones C500s?

That's it for now.

BigBlockSam

1--all vega hatchbacks work, as long as it does't have vents and you can use them too. you just  have to cut the vents out and weld in metal.

2--70 charger is the easyest. weld the marker lights closed infront and cut 69 marker lights into the new valance. then put 69 tail lights in. interior is still wrong but what the hell its a clone .

3--yearone has package trays for daytona's but they don't fit correct with the vega plug. easy to make your own.

4--alot of people cloned c500's. but most have been brought back to original.

hope that helps. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: bull on March 06, 2006, 07:10:10 AM
I have a few basic questions for the experts. I know Dane has some of the basics written down and ready to go such as which vendors have the best parts for a clone project. Anyway, here's a couple I've never gotten the answer to:

1. What year Vega do we look for to get a good hatch?
2. What year Charger is easiest to clone, '69 or '70? Seems the '70 nose would make it easy on that end but what about the marker lights?
3. Are the package trays usually hand made by each individual cloner (if that's a word) or does someone make them with a kit?
4. How come no one clones C500s?

That's it for now.
Because they don't have the GOTCHA that a winged car has.Thats why I am doing the 500 stocker so people will know why they were built.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

jaak

If I had another charger, I would like to clone a 500, that is a dream mopar of mine. It would either be a..... 1. t5 bronze with tan interior or 2. f8 green with white interior..... I guess I would have to flip a coin to choose. But I guess I haven't got to worry about that anyways, lol, with the soaring charger prices, the one I have will probably be the only one I ever have.

Jason

chargervert

I believe that we will see more Charger 500 clones,the reason that people havent cloned 500s up to this point,is that people either love 500,or hate them,and for years there was no in between,but I am now seeing people getting interested in the history of the 500. They are fairly easy to clone now,Erik Nelson makes the A pillar wind deflector moldings,Mike at Dayclona makes the grille shrouds,and mounting brackets,as well as a steel window plug,and the trunk hinges,or the Vega hatch can be used if cost is an issue. Depending how critical you are about the plug looking correct,the Vega hatch is an option.I doubt there will be too many times that your clone would be next to an original at a show,with only 392 car having ever been built.