News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WELCOME G-SERIES.

Started by 472 R/T SE, August 07, 2005, 05:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

Hi Gary!

Sorry for the interruption but I got a dumb question about the watermelon.      What shifter boot did you use on the console for the pistol grip?      I'm still using a 69 round hole boot and I just saw the closeup pic in the new MCG  and it sure doesn't look like what I got.

Thanks in advance...  Hope to catch up with ya at LVD.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

G-Series

That is a round hole boot.  We lubed it and slowly eased it over the pistol grip.  So far, it's holding up. Real tight fit.  I'll let you know if it splits.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: G-Series on August 16, 2005, 03:36:46 PM
That is a round hole boot.   We lubed it and slowly eased it over the pistol grip.   So far, it's holding up. Real tight fit.   I'll let you know if it splits.

Thanks for the info  :icon_smile_cool:   

I'm sure mine will split first... it's a few years old now   :P

And congrats on all the magazine articles and such.  I love all your cars.  You guys rock! 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Ghoste

Didn't get the chance to talk to you at Columbus but I sure did admire the car.  I wish I would have been around when you took it off the hoist so I could see the interior.  Great job.

G-Series

I guess you are a ghoste,  I didn't even see ya. :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

I don't know how you missed me, I was wearing a two foot tall purple Road Runner hat.

G-Series

Ahh, then I did see you a bunch of times....nice hat.  :icon_smile_big:  Honestly, all I saw was the hat, not the guy under the hat.  Any relation to Mr. Hat... :icon_smile_big:

smasherofall

That was you? Must of saw you about 20 times!!! have to apologize, my buddy and I was making fun of you all w/e.   :'(

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Ghoste

If you were making fun of me for that, it's too bad I didn't have time to complete the whole thing.  The original vision was much grander in scale.  And as for laughing at me, that was kind of the point.

wingcars6970

Welcome to the site .Ted flew down to carlisle and made it a point .To go see the people  at Dayclona and apologize bury the hatchett etc for this 1 unfounded problem for his + 30 years in business.But it seems this is what you need to do to promote your business.So be it

Shakey

Quote from: G-Series on August 16, 2005, 03:36:46 PM
That is a round hole boot.   We lubed it and slowly eased it over the pistol grip.   So far, it's holding up. Real tight fit.   I'll let you know if it splits.

Did the shifter boot split yet?  ;D

wingcars6970

have just been sent a personal message by dayclona on DodgeCharger.com
Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this
email.

The message they sent you was:

hi dave , have you read repl #22 on dodgecharger .com in the daytona clones from
around the world? reply #22 by kudaken, must be another unsubstanciated,
unfounded claim against tedrick (janak) maybe kudaken is on dayclona's payroll
as you like to say, when ever anybody has bad words for teddy? gee! dayclona has
a wopper of a payroll! but I'm sure you'll have a nice coy response planned?
don't bother sending it though! I heard them all! :icon_smile_evil:.}END OF PM Quote

After my buddy Ted Janak made a trip from TX to mopars at carlisle.And made it a point to go see the people at dayclona .And apologize and try to burry the hatchett .They at dayclona continue to stir the pot and harrass and not let it rest.This is what they seem they need to do to promote themselves .And there business.As you can see from this PM I recieved.Lets see how well recieved in the wing car business they are when and if they get 30 years or more in

--------------------
1969 Daytona 440 Presently owned
1970 Coronet 500 383 Presently owned
1970 Superbird 440 U 166242
1970 Superbird 440 U 174597
1970 Superbird 440-6 V 179697
1970 Coronet RT 440 U 224126
1968 Road Runner 426 J 134509
1970 Daytona Replica 318

Troy

What the heck are you guys babbling about and why did you bring it here? I don't care who did what or when but I don't want it aired out in public here.

Thanks,
Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Stormhammer

beats me

seems like they're rivals or something...  :icon_smile_shock:

wingcars6970

No dayclona and associates would have to be in business 30 years to be a rival and have to own atleast 1 original wingcar .They have made allegatations over and over and unfounded ones I might ad about a close friend and his parts and business livelyhood .But who sent the PM to whom

Troy

Quote from: wingcars6970 on September 01, 2005, 05:57:25 AM
No dayclona and associates would have to be in business 30 years to be a rival and have to own atleast 1 original wingcar .They have made allegatations over and over and unfounded ones I might ad about a close friend and his parts and business livelyhood .But who sent the PM to whom

Ok, I'll be a little more clear then. I've heard other people make accusations and trash about Janek on this board but NOT G-Series or anyone from Dayclona. Both threads that you posted in were not started by anyone from Dayclona or as advertisements for the company. Heck, this one is a WELCOME thread. Nice welcome. Once again, I don't care what the issue is between any of you guys but don't bring it here or you'll need to find some place else to whine about it. Try Moparts - they love that sort of stuff... ;D

On the other hand, we'd love to have as many Charger and Wing Car enthusiasts here as we can. The greatest asset to this site is the knowledgeable members and the information they share. Let people can make their own decisions about who to buy from and who they like/trust.

Troy

hemigeno

[hijack]

Quote from: Troy on September 01, 2005, 07:48:36 AM
Once again, I don't care what the issue is between any of you guys but don't bring it here or you'll need to find some place else to whine about it. Try Moparts - they love that sort of stuff... ;D

On the other hand, we'd love to have as many Charger and Wing Car enthusiasts here as we can. The greatest asset to this site is the knowledgeable members and the information they share. Let people can make their own decisions about who to buy from and who they like/trust.

Troy

Troy,

In defense of Dave just a little bit...   Are we all to have that same attitude the next time someone posts about hlpag?   Let people make their own decisions about who to buy from and who they like/trust?   While I agree with you that a "welcome" thread isn't perhaps the best place to post the content of that PM, I don't think things like this should be swept under the rug.   And for the record, I don't know either Mr. Janek or anyone from Dayclona, I have bought parts from neither of them, and I do not want to take sides for or against either of them w/o further info.

I hope this isn't the telltale signs of a kinder, gentler, politically-correct DC.com

[/hijack]

Troy

Quote from: hemigeno on September 01, 2005, 02:54:19 PM
[hijack]

Quote from: Troy on September 01, 2005, 07:48:36 AM
Once again, I don't care what the issue is between any of you guys but don't bring it here or you'll need to find some place else to whine about it. Try Moparts - they love that sort of stuff... ;D

Troy

Troy,

In defense of Dave just a little bit...  Are we all to have that same attitude the next time someone posts about hlpag?  Let people make their own decisions about who to buy from and who they like/trust?  While I agree with you that a "welcome" thread isn't perhaps the best place to post the content of that PM, I don't think things like this should be swept under the rug.  And for the record, I don't know either Mr. Janek or anyone from Dayclona, I have bought parts from neither of them, and I do not want to take sides for or against either of them w/o further info.

I hope this isn't the telltale signs of a kinder, gentler, politically-correct DC.com

[/hijack]

Lemme explain...

The folks from Dayclona did not show up on this board selling or advertising their products - other people were inquiring about cars they had seen and also noticed the name and welcomed them in. They also, to my knowledge, did not come on here blasting their competition or making any allegations. In my estimation, they did nothing here to provoke a personal attack from anyone else. We have discussed the cars and pros and cons of their products here and on other boards many times in the past and managed to keep things civil. Now, wingcars6970 took it upon himself to post his personal feelings about the company in a rather odd sort of way. It seemed rather obvious to me that it was meant to provoke a response (which it did) based on a personal relationship that seems to have been around for a long time. I have also read about Ted Janek, his business, and his "customer service" (good and bad) in many places. I don't know any of these people personally nor have I done extensive research into purchasing any of their products. It's one thing to discuss a product but quite another to bring up personal issues and petty bickering. Had anyone from Dayclona made an allegation or talked trash about Ted I could see where a response would be warranted.

There is nothing changing on the board. I believe that I have always been intolerant of personal attacks and infighting between people who just don't like each other. I try to let it slide as long as it isn't disruptive to the board and it doesn't get out of hand. Usually an email keeps things in check. When someone is harming the hobby, ripping people off, or profiting on the trust/gullibility of others then it's a different story. In the case of HLPAG (and to a smaller extent BobbyJ) there were threats of physical harm and verbal abuse against many members of the board. He/they were given more than enough rope to hang themselves in public and they obliged (even though it took a long time due to other circumstances beyond my/our control). I don't want to see either of these two in the same situation or having members choosing sides over perceived offenses. So what if they can't be friends - it accomplishes nothing to hash it out on this forum when it's been going on for a long time with no resolution in sight. I'm not trying to sweep anything under the rug but I don't believe that airing personal (not professional) differences in public does much for the credibility of either company - or their friends. If there's a legitimate gripe about quality or service then it's open for discussion as always.

Troy

BigBlockSam

hey guys

stinger fiberglass  don't make the buckets or ight assemleis yet. so i might have to go to another vendor for them. you guys  have any suggestions. thanks Rene   :boogie:

i dig that dancing banana
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

dayclona

Quote from: BigBlockSam on September 01, 2005, 05:55:51 PM
hey guys

stinger fiberglass   don't make the buckets or ight assemleis yet. so i might have to go to another vendor for them. you guys   have any suggestions. thanks Rene     :boogie:

i dig that dancing banana

If your looking for low budget fiberglass wingcar products try Janak Productions or Showcars.com, for upgrading to steel parts try Erik Nelson, Ron Knifley, Gene Gregory or Dayclona Enterprises

wingcars6970

I mention that one has been in business 30 years no matter who it is.That has or had a real wingcar and the experiences learned from that ownership will be carried over in the parts Mike   .That means everyone and anyone no matter there budget .Can build a wingcar replica of there dreams.Not a parts vendor like dayclona that only builds cars for themselves and friends from what I ve seen so far.Does anyone know outside that circle.of a individual or any number of others that purchased a kit and built a wingcar or cars with there offering of parts etc services.if you know of any show me cause all I see is there same cars outhere .I know of several customers that have been able and to purchase over the past 30 years and build several wingcar clones .Me included got the parts from Texas.And dayclona sent me the first hostile pm after I thought by gone were by gones after my TX buddy made a point to go visit them at carlisle .After which I was no longer responding Ted had the last word and apologized.which I responded to hostile pms on dayclonas part and can post or email to whoever cares to see .

G-Series