News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Songs that make you gun the Charger

Started by 4402tuff4u, March 06, 2006, 02:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wLc

Here's just a few of my favorite driving tunes.
Robert Randolph and the Family Band - Ted's Jam from the album Live At The Wetlands
White Zombie - Super-Charger Heaven from the album Astro-Creep 2000: Songs Of Love, Destruction And Other Synthetic Delusions Of The Electric Head
Placebo - The Bitter End from the album Sleeping With Ghosts
Skid Row - Slave To The Grind from the album Slave To The Grind
Junior Brown - Sugarfoot Rag from the album Junior High
Samiam - Capsized from the album Clumsy
Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs - Foggy Mountain Breakdown from the album Foggy Mountain Breakdown
In the depths of a mind insane
Fantasy and reality are the same

CaptMarvel

In America (Charlie Daniels Band), La Grange (ZZ Top), Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (AC/DC), Dirty White Boy (Foreigner), When You're Hot, You're Hot (Jerry Reed) many others....

my73charger

AC/DC - Shook Me All Night Long
Bad Company - Bad Company
Def Leppard - Pyromania
Kiss - Rock and Roll All Night
Led Zepplin - Rock And Roll
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Call Me The Breeze
Molly Hatchet - Flirtin' With Disaster

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: wLc on March 07, 2006, 06:22:07 PM

Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs - Foggy Mountain Breakdown from the album Foggy Mountain Breakdown

Nice!  :icon_smile_cool:

"Pike County Breakdown", is another sweet Flatt & Scruggs track.  :yesnod:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Old Moparz

Quote from: formula_440 on March 07, 2006, 08:29:47 PM

I bet my wife knows these songs, she plays in a couple of local Bluegrass bands. Bluegrass sounds okay, but after hearing it over & over for the last decade, I want to run over a banjo with my car.  :o
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Iceyone

Ted Nugent: Homebound; Wang Dang Sweet Poontang; Wango Tango...............And AC/DC: A Whole Lot of Rosie and Down Payment Blues.  :icon_smile_cool:
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 07, 2006, 08:45:40 PM
Quote from: formula_440 on March 07, 2006, 08:29:47 PM

I bet my wife knows these songs, she plays in a couple of local Bluegrass bands. Bluegrass sounds okay, but after hearing it over & over for the last decade, I want to run over a banjo with my car.  :o

If Bob only had a hammer, eh?  :icon_smile_big:

"Over, Under, Sideways, Down", The Yardbirds

"Time Has Come Today", The Chambers Brothers
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Headrope

There aren't many songs that make me want to floor it when they come on. My '66 has the original AM radio.
I let up on the gas whenever "Johnny Be Good" comes on, though. The number of speeding tickets I've avoided because of that song is incredible. It's almost as if the car - and radio station, I guess - knows when I'm about to come up on a speed trap.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

AKcharger

"Eat it" - Weird Al
"Amish Paradise" - Weird Al
"I hate Sourkraut" - Weird Al
"Like a surgeon" Weird Al
"Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave grooving with a pick" - Pink Floyd

CaptMarvel

Also, Wasnt born to follow (The Byrds) hardly ever heard anywhere unless you have the Easy Rider soundtrack... :musik010:

charger_lady

JUDAS PRIEST - Screaming for Vengence
VAN HALEN - Eruption
MOTLEY CRUE - Home Sweet Home
GUNS N ROSES - Civil War
BLACK SABBATH - The Sign of the Southern Cross
BON JOVI - Wanted Dead or Alive
ALDO NOVA - Fantasy
WAR - Low Rider
SPIDERBAIT - Black Betty
....and the list goes on and on .....
Don't have the stereo hooked up yet...still have original AM/ 8 track in dash...new stereo is going into the glove box area (soon) since the liner needs replaced anyways...PRETTY MUCH ALL 80'S ROCK/METAL!
After her resto was done in Sept. 05, we just wanted to hear her motor purr...9yrs. was a long time to wait to hear her again! With a full season ahead this year we definately want our tunes back!

caddman

Quote from: Bandit72 on March 06, 2006, 10:17:27 PM
almost any Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Confederate Railroad...any "southern rock"

I've always been partial to Copperhead Road by Steve Earl..."daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge..."

Also Black Betty, Hillbilly Shoes (actually almost anything from Montgomery Gentry now that i think about it), While Lightnin', Summer's Comin (Clint Black), Friday Night in Dixie (Rhett Atkins), Chicks Dig It...i'm sure there ALOT more

later  :icon_smile_cool:

don't mean to pick but its "daddy ran whiskey in a big block dodge" not black.

and i definately agree with that one.
iron butterfly and godsmack get the job done too.

my73charger

The Ghoul

Quote from: AKcharger on March 08, 2006, 07:02:12 AM
"Eat it" - Weird Al
"Amish Paradise" - Weird Al
"I hate Sourkraut" - Weird Al
"Like a surgeon" Weird Al
"Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave grooving with a pick" - Pink Floyd
ok now step away from the computer, get out of your mothers bastment, take a bath and come joine the rest of us in reality.
lol
just bustin balls man
sorry dude but a couple of my friends love weird al and want nothing more than to listen to him at every moment. you know how hard it is to pick up chicks with weird al blaring and an obviously unwashed and there for untouched individual in the passingers seat?

ipstrategies

Led Zeppelin -  anything
Skynyrd - anything
Doobie Bros. - Rockin Down the Highway
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

911bear

:rock: :drive: Sammy Hagar " I CANT DRIVE 55"  Cant believe no one picked this one its a gooden....
along with The Lonsome River Band "bluegrass" Caroylnn the teenage queen !
1974 DODGE CHARGER SE BROUGHAM - CURRENTLY
CARS I HAVE OWNED :
4 - 1969 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH GRAN FURY W/ COVER UP HEADLIGHTS 2 DOOR
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER
2 - 1973 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - CHRYSLER CORDOBA
1 - 1984 DODGE RAM TRUCK

TruckDriver

Quote from: 911bear on March 09, 2006, 03:32:51 AM
:rock: :drive: Sammy Hagar " I CANT DRIVE 55"  Cant believe no one picked this one

I forgot about that one when I made my list. It is a goody!  :yesnod:  Of course, Sammy has a lot of goodies!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ITSA426

For us older types how about instrumentals like California Sun, Apache, or most anything by the Ventures.  A little Credence has also been known to take the speedo up to triple digits, back in the day.  Roads are too crowded now.

wLc

I almost forgot about these three songs.
Green Grass And High Tides - Outlaws from the album Outlaws
Riders In The Sky - Outlaws from the album There Goes Another Love Song
Fire On The Mountain - Marshall Tucker Band from the album Searchin' For A Rainbow
In the depths of a mind insane
Fantasy and reality are the same

Johnny SixPack

"Hava Nagila", Dick Dale
"Misirlou", Dick Dale
"Rumble", Link Wray
Johnny's Herd:

TruckDriver

Quote from: ITSA426 on March 09, 2006, 12:13:46 PM
For us older types how about instrumentals like California Sun, Apache, or most anything by the Ventures.  A little Credence has also been known to take the speedo up to triple digits, back in the day.  Roads are too crowded now.

When I grew up, My Dad and his friends were really into The Ventures. I gotta say I like them too. I always liked "Outer Limits" and all their other space related songs. "Apache" , "Classical Gas", and "The Hawaii 5 'O" theme are good too :yesnod:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Afflyer

How 'bout "The Confessor" by Joe Walsh, and "Stone Cold" By Rainbow?  Those are two great road tunes in my book.

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

TruckDriver

Quote from: Afflyer on March 10, 2006, 08:01:54 PM
How 'bout "The Confessor" by Joe Walsh, and "Stone Cold" By Rainbow?  Those are two great road tunes in my book.

Bradley
:iagree: :2thumbs:
PETE

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:

ChargerMad

How about Don Henley- The Boys of Summer