News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 R/T on ebay....

Started by Tilar, December 23, 2013, 10:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Quote from: xs29bb1 on December 24, 2013, 11:59:15 AM
Quote from: Tilar on December 24, 2013, 10:04:46 AM
Quote from: magnum on December 24, 2013, 08:05:14 AM
It does have the trunk and slide down ash tray! Alsohas red white blue medallion with chrome buttons! Thank you for the info! It also has the nice three speeker dash and rear speaker control!

Does or did it have an 8 track? Reason I asked is I thought that was how you got the 3 speaker dash.

Tough to say whether the Rear Speaker option is on the fender tag, as it should be a 6 under the P, and that area of the tag is pretty rough.  However, the area under the R looks OK and I don't see the number for the 8-track.
I think you are confusing cars. These guys started their own conversation inside the thread . ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

xs29bb1

Quote from: Troy on December 24, 2013, 12:03:09 PM
I think you are confusing cars. These guys started their own conversation inside the thread . ;)

Troy

Yeah, I guess I missed that.... thx    ;D

magnum

I appologize didn't mean to high jack your thread ;). I was just curious about the early cars.
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

Tilar

Quote from: Troy on December 24, 2013, 10:48:03 AM

It's a late car. As mentioned, May 27th date on the fender tag. Don't forget that the VIN sequence ranged across all different models so, just because there's 29,000 difference doesn't mean 29,000 Chargers in between.

Troy

Thanks Troy, That is what I wasn't understanding.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

fy469rtse

Can't see the chrome squares to map pockets, was an eight track available 68 , seen the thre speaker dash for 69 and eight track , hate when some one starts to restore or cover up , undercoat roof and quarters put me off , I'd rather know that it needs roof skin and quarters when I buy it , not have take someone else's filler out, cruddy in strange places , make me suspicious about qtr's and roof , trunk floor normal rust level , still a nice starting point,

Troy

Quote from: fy469rtse on December 25, 2013, 08:26:47 AM
Can't see the chrome squares to map pockets, was an eight track available 68 , seen the thre speaker dash for 69 and eight track , hate when some one starts to restore or cover up , undercoat roof and quarters put me off , I'd rather know that it needs roof skin and quarters when I buy it , not have take someone else's filler out, cruddy in strange places , make me suspicious about qtr's and roof , trunk floor normal rust level , still a nice starting point,
Yes, the 8 track was available in 1968. On the fender tag there will be a '0' under the uppercase 'R'.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Tilar

Quote from: Troy on December 25, 2013, 11:54:38 AM
Quote from: fy469rtse on December 25, 2013, 08:26:47 AM
Yes, the 8 track was available in 1968. On the fender tag there will be a '0' under the uppercase 'R'.

Troy

Yup, I have a 3 speaker with A/C dash out of a 68.
Dave  

stripedelete

Quote from: bakerhillpins on December 24, 2013, 10:14:04 AM
Quote from: Challenger340 on December 23, 2013, 05:38:36 PM
THAT thing is at $12,500 already ?? with 26 bids ??  Holy Shat !!
Who the heck is paying THAT for these Cars ? the Europeans ? Aussies ?

I don't know, One owner all original car, Black with White interior and AC. Not very common at all and a desirable color combo. Depends upon who is doing the work I suppose. If I was all setup with space and equipment to take it on I don't think it's all that out of bounds yet if that's the options I was looking for in a Charger.

:Twocents:

Agree.  It's a little rough, but, it's all there.

FastbackJon

Don't forget that serial numbers for a given year at a given plant started at 100,001. This car has a 400,038 serial number, so it is anything but low. Also don't forget that early '68 Chargers had the arrows on the sail panels like the '67 Chargers.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Tilar

$14,199 with a couple minutes to go.  :o
Dave  

68(WA)Charger

Tilar

Wow, and that's not even an R/T.
Dave  

68(WA)Charger

Makes me feel better for what I payed for my new project.  Yowza.

xs29bb1

Quote from: 68(WA)Charger on December 27, 2013, 05:51:36 PM
Here's a roller that is up to $9,700(!) so far.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191011084865?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Geez - That thing will pass 10k w/o an engine, trans, interior, etc, etc and a non R/T car.  For 4k more, the other guy got a R/T with everything there.  Something's not adding up....