News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can warranty apply in other service center too?

Started by Charger_Killer, December 26, 2013, 12:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Killer

I own a Dodge charger 2012 SXT. While changing line I feel like car is not moving/changing comfortably. Feels like wheels are running on some unpaved road. I checked with one of the Dodge service center where I brought my car and they said everything is fine. They always say everything is fine and after contacting them 3-4 times they will fix the issue. It happened for me more than 3-4 cases with this service center. So my question is can I take my car to any other Dodge service center for check up? Is warranty is same if I show in other service center? because if I show in the service center from where I brought the car they will not charge me for the general checkups etc.

Thanks in advance,

Cooter

Check to see if tires are 'cupped' due to lack of rotation. Many times this carries with it a noise too..

Btw, doesn't matter if they don't charge you if they always say there's nothing wrong. ..you get what you pay for...
Nothing is free...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Baldwinvette77

it can apply at other stations, but most, including the one i work at try to avoid doing it, because the warranty will only pay half of your labour charge, and you don't make profit on parts, it's basically just working your ass off for nothing, i've even spoke to people who work at dealers, who won't fix cars until the warrenty is up for the same reasons, its a cruel world we live in  :rotz:

Charger_Killer

Thanks for replying. Even after the Tyre rotation this issue is continuing. They said that is because of ABS system. But I don't think any other cars have that issue.
can we complaint to Dodge company about this service station? They always do this. For simple dash broad pop-up issue I went to their place 5 times.

Quote from: Cooter on December 26, 2013, 12:45:03 PM
Check to see if tires are 'cupped' due to lack of rotation. Many times this carries with it a noise too..

Btw, doesn't matter if they don't charge you if they always say there's nothing wrong. ..you get what you pay for...
Nothing is free...

Charger_Killer

Can we complaint to Dodge company about this service station? If service is not good then why should we buy dodge? Does not matter which car company it is any car may ran into troubles or have issues but they need to fix it. Not sure how I can get my issue fixed. :-\
Thanks for replying.

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on December 26, 2013, 01:36:50 PM
it can apply at other stations, but most, including the one i work at try to avoid doing it, because the warranty will only pay half of your labour charge, and you don't make profit on parts, it's basically just working your ass off for nothing, i've even spoke to people who work at dealers, who won't fix cars until the warrenty is up for the same reasons, its a cruel world we live in  :rotz:

jaak

A factory warranty is honored at any dealership. In fact I know with GM vehicles it goes across all brands (ie, warranty work on a Chevrolet can be done at a Buick dealership). If you are not happy with with the service at the dealership where you bought it, you need to take it to another Dodge dealer.

Jason

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Charger_Killer on December 26, 2013, 12:39:11 PM
I own a Dodge charger 2012 SXT. While changing line I feel like car is not moving/changing comfortably. Feels like wheels are running on some unpaved road. I checked with one of the Dodge service center where I brought my car and they said everything is fine. They always say everything is fine and after contacting them 3-4 times they will fix the issue. It happened for me more than 3-4 cases with this service center. So my question is can I take my car to any other Dodge service center for check up? Is warranty is same if I show in other service center? because if I show in the service center from where I brought the car they will not charge me for the general checkups etc.

Thanks in advance,

The Chargers made in the last few years have electric steering and there have been issues.  A teller at my bank told me hers felt like it was going to drive off the road every time she changed lanes, so your'e not alone.  Don't know what/how you'd go about fixing it, but I've heard this from two different people, and it's the same issue.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Ghoste

You are well within your rights to complain about the service at the dealer you bought the car from to a higher level and there should be instructions in the owners manual to help you with that.  If other dealers try to avoid servicing the car because you bought it elsewhere you can also complain about that.

Charger_Killer

mmm... may be that could be the reason. I will try to take my car to other service station and see what they will come up with. Thanks for the info.

[/quote]

The Chargers made in the last few years have electric steering and there have been issues.  A teller at my bank told me hers felt like it was going to drive off the road every time she changed lanes, so your'e not alone.  Don't know what/how you'd go about fixing it, but I've heard this from two different people, and it's the same issue.
[/quote]

Charger_Killer

I have complained once to the manager about the service when I had issues with dash board. May be I should try to take this issue as well. Do we really need to do this each time? I mean complain to manager every time. Very poor service stations.
Thank you for the information.

Quote from: Ghoste on December 26, 2013, 04:17:05 PM
You are well within your rights to complain about the service at the dealer you bought the car from to a higher level and there should be instructions in the owners manual to help you with that.  If other dealers try to avoid servicing the car because you bought it elsewhere you can also complain about that.

Ghoste

No you shouldn't have to each time but its sadly a not uncommon story.