News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1966 Satellbird from Mopar june 2003 issue

Started by petercharger, November 15, 2008, 11:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcarguy

Was offered my old 66 belvedere II back that sold 25 yrs ago. its a 440 at hardtop,guy only put few k miles on it an blew the 440 20 yrs ago  so it has just been sitting 20 yrs. needs paint ,eng, which i have 2 440es   then maybee a wing  or even nose??

WELL HAPPY HOLIDAYS AN TAKE CARE... PLEASE ENJOY THE PIXS ??   HO HO HO   LATTER DJ :cheers: :cheers:

petercharger

I have mentioned it before..back in 80'my dad and I drove to Idaho to look at a orange 440 super bird and after seeing it. Running and driving it.  My dad passed on it..why spend 2500 on a very poorly put together car with nose and wing.....so back then they were considered odd.  So if someone makes one out of a satellite I say go for it...the purest are the biggest complainers...just my  :Twocents:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

Lighthorseman

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 29, 2012, 06:25:16 PM
Sounds like us wingers are nothing more than a bunch of lint sucking, coal mining, stumps that melted...

"The thing about being the man of the house is, you get to know everything. My dad was always saying, 'Shut up, what do you know?'

"I said, 'Dad, what kind of work will I do when I grow up?'

"He said, 'Work? You don't know what work is. When I was a kid I was working when I was 6 weeks old. In a coal mine.'

"'Really, dad? You were a coal miner?'

"'I was a shovel. Don't be a wiseguy. I used to shovel coal with my face. And I made 4 cents an hour, but I did what I could to help out.'

"And you can't get away. 'Really, dad, I'd love to keep chatting with you, but it's a little hot in here --

"'Hot? You don't know what hot is. When I was a kid, it was 4,000 degrees. People would melt right in front of you. You'd be playing a game with your sister -- boom, a pile of goo with some panties on the Parcheesi board.'

"'Really, dad, I'd love to stay and listen to this b.s. story, but I'm getting a little hungry --

"'Hungry? You don't know what it is to be hungry. When I was a boy, there was no food at all. We used to have to suck lint right off the carpet. We were lint-suckers. Lint-sucking, melting coal miners.'

"Then you get mad and say, 'Well, dad, if it was so bad, why didn't you just leave?'

"'Because we had no arms and legs. We couldn't afford 'em. We were stumps when I was a kid. Lint-sucking, coal-mining stumps that melted. We got fed up and stole a car. Then we realized, we had no arms and legs -- who's gonna drive the car? We had one stump on the seat trying to steer with his face, and another stump on the floor trying to bite the brake pedal. We finally got out of town -- you know what we realized? Nobody could open the g.d. door up. BUT WE WERE THANKFUL FOR WHAT WE HAD.'

"That's what I could never understand. 'But dad -- what did you HAVE?'

"'NOTHING! And we were damn glad to have it.'"   :coolgleamA:

(In British accent)...  "Bloody luxury!"

Ghoste