News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trunk floor replacement panels... suggestions on sellers?

Started by Lord Warlock, January 08, 2014, 05:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

Finished welding in the 2nd half of the trunk yesterday, still have to grind/sand the welds down and then get the seam sealer in, and then prime and paint but the trunk floor is now complete through the welding stage.  Was not as hard as I envisioned beforehand.  It was too cold to work on anything in the garage today, never got out of the 30s so stayed in the house most of the day.  Its supposed to warm up Friday thru the weekend, so hope to make a little progress on it when the temps break 50 or 60. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

green69rt

Quote from: MxRacer855 on January 26, 2014, 08:57:43 PM
Great info guys! And thanks for the pictures Jaak. They were definitely helpful. You said that you ordered your 2-piece trunk floor to your residential address for under $250? 521 gives quotes of $175 for full items, but not for half floors and smaller items. Have any of you ordered smaller ticket stuff from them? I want to order AMD's 2-piece floor tomorrow, but I don't want to pay $175 for shipping...

Jeff

For future reference.   I have a mechanic that I use a lot and I asked him if I could ship the AMD stuff to his business and he said no problem.   Shipping to a business saves $50.   Cost is still $125 but it's better than getting hit by a truck.

MxRacer855

I finally have all of the parts to complete my rear end job except trunk floor extensions (I want to replace them without damaging my paint).
As I'm cleaning the trunk floor extensions up looking for the edges... I can't find them. Obviously you can see the full extension birds eye view (looking in the trunk), but how far does it run down the inner quarter panel?

Any ideas??  :shruggy:

Thanks guys.
-Jeff

Lord Warlock

Trunk floor is done, sealed and primered, just got the gas tank grommet today in the mail so will likely try to install the fill tube tomorrow.  Still need to paint the trunk area and should do it before installing the fill tube but i'm eager to get done with the backend stuff.  Have to finish a patch panel in the valence panel before i mix up a pint of paint for the trunk. 

Can't say how far the extensions run, didn't replace mine. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

green69rt

Quote from: MxRacer855 on February 12, 2014, 08:12:16 PM
I finally have all of the parts to complete my rear end job except trunk floor extensions (I want to replace them without damaging my paint).
As I'm cleaning the trunk floor extensions up looking for the edges... I can't find them. Obviously you can see the full extension birds eye view (looking in the trunk), but how far does it run down the inner quarter panel?

Any ideas??  :shruggy:

Thanks guys.
-Jeff

The trunk floor extension goes all the way to the bottom of the quarter.   If you look at the quarter it turns under and forms a short "shelf" the opens into the car.   The bottom of the trunk floor extension has a similar shelf that sets on top of the quarter shelf.   AMD extensions also have little tabs that stick out and these are to be folded over the quarter then spot welded in place.  By the way. the space between the quarter and the extension is a prime place to lose stuff because it's narrow and hard to see or reach into.

The flange to connect up to the main truck floor is just joined up and spot welded (or however you want to do it.)   Don't worry about making the floor joint perfect as it is filled/covered with seam sealer.

MxRacer855

Sorry I'm responding to this post so late. Thanks for the helpful advice. Hot it taken care of now! :cheers:
Replacing just the trunk floor turned into a HUGE job that I did NOT anticipate.
Here's a list of things replaced with AMD stuff:
Trunk floor, Trunk floor brace (with tank strap hangers), trunk floor extensions, rear crossmember, rear valance, Rear bumper support braces, outer wheel wells, drivers side front and rear quarter panel patches, l/R valance corners, torsion bar cross member... and I think that's about it...  :smilielol:
Jeff

Troy

Yeah, that happens. These cars rust in between overlapping panels so when one goes bad you have to replace the pieces that mate to it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

MxRacer855

It's definitely NOT what I wanted to get into... but ill be happy I did it when it's done!