News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Undercarriage primer - followup question (Paint code for primer color)

Started by rainbow4jd, May 02, 2014, 07:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbow4jd

First, many many thanks to all who replied with the advice of "go with the primer look underneath".   And particularly to FJ5WING that gave us a fantastic photo.

I am thinking about this...    rather than go with "true" primer - I think I would rather go with "flat paint" albeit in the primer color.     Does anyone have paint codes for the dark primer color?    

The paint will offer better overall protection durability than the primer - so I am thinking that strategy is the best.   I'm of the belief (could be wrong) that the paint and primer will be virtually indistinguishable excepting for its durability.

Again - just this is just such an amazing board with so many great people!   Its a joy to be part of it.

FJ5WING

I used what Dave Patik from PCG sells for this application.

Its a PPG product but my painter was unable to determine what exactly it is as they remove the label and replace it with one of their own.
I notice someone posted that Frank B. also sells something for this application but my guess is he's just selling Dvaes stuff as Ive found that's what happens there to some degree?????? You could just call Frank and ask but Id just go with PCG!

http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Paints_Dyes/Dip_Tank_Primer.htm
wingless now, but still around.