News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sure grip price and availability?

Started by mr70charger440, February 03, 2014, 01:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr70charger440

Im looking to see what i can get a sure grip 8 3/4 for. At least 3.55 gear ratio no more that 3.91 gears but i can change those. Or does anyone even just have the internals? Thanks
68' Charger R/T (restored)
70' Charger (In progress)
68' RoadRunner (Backburner)
68 Coronet 440 (Backburner)
68' Dart (Sold)

green69rt

Ghoste

Randys Ring and Pinion are supposed to be good too. :shruggy:

I bought a complete center section from Mancini about 8 years ago.  I'm sure they sourced it locally but I don't know who.

myk

I went to the local axle/differential place and told them I wanted to leave two stripes instead of one on the road; total cost was about $700 for an Auburn unit, however it would cost another $500 to change my 2.78 (?) ratio so I left that as is, but I'm definitely enjoying the limited-slip 'diff...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

c00nhunterjoe

If you are starting from scratch then look up detroit tru-trac diffs. Its an incredible masterpiece of engineering