News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 dodge charger 426

Started by chrisbinks, January 20, 2014, 05:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

U better not  :flame: I hate pics......

Ghoste

chrisbinks

I havnt found a car to use yet. I did have one but then the seller decided not to sell so im back looking for one.

Ghoste

Oh I understand now.  I took it to mean that you were looking for a suitable photo to use and that you already had the car. :cheers:

ACUDANUT

So you don't have a Charger , but you are worried about a wiring diagram ?  :scratchchin:

JB400

Actually, pretty smart in my book.  If the car he was looking at had wiring issues, he could figure up the cost of fixing it to negotiate a better price. 

ACUDANUT

If I could afford a real Hemi Charger, I would think I would be able to spend a few hundred bucks for someone to fix it.  :Twocents:

JB400

True, but would you rather the money come out of the current owner's pocket or yours after you buy the car for his asking price?

Cooter

Maybe some just like talking bout what they are thinking bout buying as a roach with serious wiring problems?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Or maybe someone found a car they were interested and had the crazy crazy notion of trying to educate themselves a bit first.  So they bravely came on the site and asked about where to find the information.
I know it runs counter to the guy who buys the car and comes on going `HELP!  I`ve torn it apart and now I don`t where everything goes much less what it is". 
It does suck in a way because then it denies us the opportunity to chastise some poor guy because he just jumped in without trying to learn about the car first.

1974dodgecharger

or, maybe he found a car, found no wiring issues, but wanted wiring issues, to fix the wires, owner did not let him see the wires, but car only, but he said he wanted to buy wires for the owner, but owner wont let fix wires if wires are bad, but he insists now owner buy the wires so he can fix the wiring issues even with no wiring issues invovled at all?

If he can afford a hemi then obviously money is not a major issue I dont care who you are if your worried about 200 dollars vs a HEMI thats what 17k and then you need to buy the parts for install of it and misc stuff extra 3k or so and your worried about 200 bucks new wiring kit?

chrisbinks

No its not that im out to just have chat about chargers. I did have one which had nothing no engine. No gear box or wiring. That was my main concern making sure i could get hold of the wiring diagram.
Iv been researching about this car since a kid.
An believe me i aint on here to waste anyones time. As soon as i find one ill put photos up not a problem.

Ghoste

It was a fair question and you don't owe any of us an explanation.  But you can come around just to chat about Chargers.  :yesnod:

chrisbinks

Like i say i dont have a car as yet. An im not one to jump into somthing without knowing what im doing.  My last project was a crayford savage i helped my uncle build. Im 23 now and  i want my own project. This is the car iv planned and im determind to do it.  I dont carehow nackerd the car looks im doing it.

Ghoste

Nackerd?  You're from the UK aren't you?

chrisbinks

I am. Hence why its so hard for me to get a car and the information i need whilst building it. Not many people are interested in stuff like this. Most people take the mick out of me for wanting an old car. Their all interested in ferraris and astons as you can imagine. .
But if it mean importing it from america  i will.

ACUDANUT

Good on you mate for wanting a real car.  :cheers: A hemi is going to cost you an arm and both legs. There is nothing wrong with a Charger with a 318.  :Twocents:
Get the Charger while your young and not married.

chrisbinks

Yeah i get having a 318 engine but theres something about the hemi that does it for me haha
Not only that i love a challenge. And a thrill

Ghoste