News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hydroboost-where to get

Started by lasvegas69charg, January 23, 2014, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supercharged Riot

There's a kit from rms. How is that one compared to tallon?

bill440rt

Quote from: Supercharged Riot on April 04, 2014, 10:41:28 AM
There's a kit from rms. How is that one compared to tallon?

RMS sells the one from Hydratech.

I purchased mine thru RMS, about 4 years ago now. I initially had it on order with the brake kit from a different supplier, but when that supplier did not come thru I got it from RMS. Should have dealt with RMS from the start, great company.
My research at the time said that the Hydratech units were ALL NEW units, whereas the Tallon units were remanufactured. IIRC at the time the Tallon ones did not come with the Wilwood M/C, which was the matching M/C for the brake kit I chose. After the nightmare with SSBC I went thru, I did not want to play around with brakes anymore.
The Hydratech unit based on all new parts was more appealing to me, came as a kit with the Wilwood M/C, and was on my doorstep the next day from RMS.

Perhaps the Tallon units have now changed, but at the time the Hydratech version was the better choice for me.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Supercharged Riot

lasvegas69charg

I believe tallon is out of business. I have called and emailed for the past week and a half with no response. The ph goes directly to vm and it says it's full. The mc they sent is to wide and I cannot connect my brake lines. The mc is 1/2" away from inner fender. I already contacted my credit card co to dispute the charge. Tomorrow I will be contacting hydratech to see if they can help me out.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

MSRacing89

Quote from: lasvegas69charg on April 28, 2014, 08:06:06 PM
I believe tallon is out of business. I have called and emailed for the past week and a half with no response. The ph goes directly to vm and it says it's full. The mc they sent is to wide and I cannot connect my brake lines. The mc is 1/2" away from inner fender. I already contacted my credit card co to dispute the charge. Tomorrow I will be contacting hydratech to see if they can help me out.

I assumed when you said "upgraded" you went with the 1 1/8 wilwood.  This has the option to plumb out the opposite side.  That wider Corvette/ GM style one (once pushed forward) will definitely have a hard time fitting.  I would suggest a 2 hole Mopar performance type master.   
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

lasvegas69charg

I wish I would of upgraded to the wilwood, but tallon told me the mc I got would fit.  You are correct the wilwood has tandem connections.  My upgrade was the polish al corvette style mc. It's really wide and doesn't fit. Right now I have one expensive paper weight. My credit card co even tried to reach tallon with no luck. Luckily they are reversing the charge. My lesson learned, cheaper is definetly not better.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Rolling_Thunder

Well I am all about cheap - I did my own set up and had about $250 into the system total (Hydroboost, master cylinder, lines, fittings, etc)
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Dino

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on June 08, 2014, 08:25:17 PM
Well I am all about cheap - I did my own set up and had about $250 into the system total (Hydroboost, master cylinder, lines, fittings, etc)

You know you just opened the door for some idiot asking for details on what parts you used and how you fit it all together...

...so what parts did you use and how did you fit it all together?    :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Rolling_Thunder

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,44274.250.html

1/2 way down page 11.....

I used a rebuilt Chevrolet astro van hydroboost unit. (They are incerdibly simple to rebuild) and a Tallon hydraulic mounting plate (no logo). My hydroboost used a generic eyelet style pushrod that mounted to the stock pedal peg. I then used a 1990's ramcharger master cylinder and reamed the mounting holes a fraction for an easier fit. The fittings were a generic hydroboost set off evil-bay. I made a return line fitting for the P/S box (see my build thread) and connected it all with lines I had made at Earls.

Most expensive part was the lines.

Dino

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on June 08, 2014, 10:12:06 PM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,44274.250.html

1/2 way down page 11.....

I used a rebuilt Chevrolet astro van hydroboost unit. (They are incerdibly simple to rebuild) and a Tallon hydraulic mounting plate (no logo). My hydroboost used a generic eyelet style pushrod that mounted to the stock pedal peg. I then used a 1990's ramcharger master cylinder and reamed the mounting holes a fraction for an easier fit. The fittings were a generic hydroboost set off evil-bay. I made a return line fitting for the P/S box (see my build thread) and connected it all with lines I had made at Earls.

Most expensive part was the lines.

That looks great!  Is there a pressure difference feel in the steering at all? 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Rolling_Thunder

I have not noticed any.....   

lasvegas69charg

Come to find out tallon got sold to another owner during my purchase. Butch came thru and sent me a wilwood mc. Everything works great. It's a night and day difference on the braking.  It was a very simple install and took about 4 hours to do. If I had to do it again I would of gone thru hydratech. I spent a total $850 for the hydraboost setup and wilwood polished mc.

One mopar

Looking for a bendix abs 9 or 10 master cylinder any one with an idea chime in abs power brakes makes one that is similar but its to blinking for my engine bay and right now I'm trying to make it look stock for the casual observer it will not fool you guys at cars shows but because you own one I'd love to try to as a joke