News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

front seat belt 3 point shoulder ancher...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 28, 2014, 03:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Since my car is a early 68 build it does not have the thread for the belts for a shoulder setup.  If one wanted to install 3 point belts how would I mount the shoulder to the celing?  How do you create an anchor up there?

fy469rtse

It should have the threaded recess to take the seat belt bolt, it will or should be there under roof lining, near in front of where coat hooks go,

clemfor

Ya.. my '68 is the same, Sept 28 67 build. There is holes about 5/8" , but no threaded anchor.

Dino

You'll have to remove the headliner a bit to weld in a nut I'm afraid.  Early 68's didn't have those.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Dino on February 07, 2014, 08:43:20 AM
You'll have to remove the headliner a bit to weld in a nut I'm afraid.  Early 68's didn't have those.

That what i was afraid of....maybe i can get my co worker to weld for me while he welds the hotchkis bars in.

clemfor

1974dodgecharger..I am going with after market 3 point belts, and there was no threaded bolt up top.
Since the body shop forgot to weld the seat belt anchor plates under the tunnel for the front buckets, I cut them to 1 3/4" wide,
cut a strip of cardboard a foot long, attached the 2 with green painters tape, slid into an opening from behind. Threaded the bolt,
and centered the nut on the plate with the existing hole, drilled a couple holes, 2 rivets,
once the bolt is tightened with a heavy washer below the shoulder of the bolt, it should be good ? I hope...

clemfor

1974dodgecharger

Wow thats impressive man.....I need to do something like this next weekend then cause thats my day to go visit my co worker to weld on my stuff.
Quote from: clemfor on February 09, 2014, 08:43:35 PM
1974dodgecharger..I am going with after market 3 point belts, and there was no threaded bolt up top.
Since the body shop forgot to weld the seat belt anchor plates under the tunnel for the front buckets, I cut them to 1 3/4" wide,
cut a strip of cardboard a foot long, attached the 2 with green painters tape, slid into an opening from behind. Threaded the bolt,
and centered the nut on the plate with the existing hole, drilled a couple holes, 2 rivets,
once the bolt is tightened with a heavy washer below the shoulder of the bolt, it should be good ? I hope...