News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to buy a pistol grip repro?

Started by garner7555, February 04, 2014, 10:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garner7555

I want to add a pistol grip to my 69.  It is a non console model.  I found the site below, but that seems like a lot of $$$ for a shifter kit?

https://hurstshiftersonline.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=342&idcategory=7#details

Where is the best place to buy this stuff?   Thanks.
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

twodko

You probably found the most complete kit out there. This jones we have is a spendy mistress.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

polywideblock

they have a ebay store to. I got the full set for the roadrunner  first rate product  A1   

here's the 70 pistol grip   
               http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hurst-Pistol-Grip-4-Speed-Shifter-and-Handle-Mopar-B-Body-WithOut-Console-NEW-/281256503031?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item417c31a6f7

and here's the install kit   

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HURST-3734089-COMP-PLUS-4-SPEED-INSTALL-KIT-MOPAR-DODGE-PLYMOUTH-A833-B-Body-/301069028780?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item46191ccdac

hope tis helps  :cheers:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Dino

Whoa that's pricey!  I'm glad I don't like those things.  Sure is a nice, complete kit though.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

garner7555

I did see the EBay store, but I didn't see the complete kit there. Thanks for pointing out the install kit.  Still seems like a lot of money for a shifter but I guess it's one of those "where else are you gonna find one" situations.
Thanks!
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Dino on February 05, 2014, 06:26:08 AM
Whoa that's pricey!  I'm glad I don't like those things.  Sure is a nice, complete kit though.

Yup very pricy, has a super cool factor to it especially the 70 version

Ghoste

Does anyone besides Hurst even make four speed shifters anymore?  I don't think Mr. Gasket does and I can't recall who else was in the game at one time.

garner7555

Thanks for the replies.  I could understand a date coded original shifter bringing big money,  but even the repo is big money.  I guess they know us mopar guys are willing to shell out the cash cause we love our cars so much more than the other brands owners.
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

polywideblock

garner7555

Quote from: polywideblock on February 05, 2014, 10:02:43 PM
your paying for precision   :yesnod:

So the quality is that good?  Does it shift as good as I dream it would?  Haha.  I like to drive it hard so good shifting is important to me.
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

polywideblock

I'm only comparing it to the clapped out old one that wouldn't go into reverse and tended to loose 3rd in the 2-3 shift but there way better than any second hand ones i'v seen for sale  :yesnod:

Ghoste

They are the cream of the crop and always were, no doubt about that.

70daytonaclone

just the normal $ worshipers on ebay. I won't buy anything from that creep

Ghoste

Troy

The 70 shifter is a one year only piece. That's one reason it's so expensive. It also uses different rods because of the shorter throw (at least one of them). You can use a shifter from an earlier car but, with the pistol grip handle, your hand will hit the dash.

Do you already have a 4-speed and just want to change the shifter or are you converting to a 4-speed.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

garner7555

I already have a 4 speed but don't have a handle at all.  My shifter mechanism is in need of some attention. Figured it would be a good time to buy it since I need most of it anyway.  I've always loved the pistol grip, and my car is a far cry from factory anyway.  It's got Volvo S60 bucket seats, might as well put a 70 shifter in the 69.  :shruggy:   :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Ghoste

Might as well, I'll likely do the same in mine.

AKcharger

Ghoste

That part I'll stay 69 and go with a ball.  Nothing against the pistol grip, I've had them and love them but I like the woodgrain 69 ball too.

Troy

Ok, well, the '70 box and shifter handle are the most expensive parts! At least you don't have to buy the rest of it though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

The joys of that one year only stuff.