News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need quarter window j clips

Started by 440 magnum, March 02, 2014, 04:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

440 magnum

good day all!

once again im in need of some items i cant seem to find online. 
--Anyone know where I can find the j clips for the stainless steel rear quarter top trim to attach. Ive tried retromotive, rt specialties and a list of other sites and no luck. 
--Im getting ready to install the bows for the headliner and im wondering what holds the bows in place other that the side v clips? Are there other clips that hold the bows along its length? if so where can i find them

thanks in advance
"YOLO"   You Only Live Once

MRCHARGER

I've found those clips on ebay before you could make everything on ebay "fit" 68 charger. I had a lot of good luck with Megaparts.

The rods just go through the headliner and rest in those green V shaped clips on the side. There are 2 wire hooks for the last bow near the rear window that pull it towards the window opening I believe. I used extra black clips along the roof edge to get mine really tight. The headliner (2 because I made the dome light hole in the wrong place) was the second hardest project on the car second only to the windshield (wrecked 2 gaskets and damaged the 3rd).

green69rt

And did you keep track of which bow goes in each position.   They're pretty finicky about position or the headliner won't stretch right (bows may not even fit??)

charger490

i have 6 headliner clips fd2645os  instant@frontiernet.net  email

440 magnum

thanks to all for the input. 

Mrcharger, I did see some wires for sale on a website but still need to know how and where to install them.  would you happen to know of a site to get a picture or diagram?

clemfor

Hello Magnum.. I bought the wire tensioners from this guy ( Jeff ) link below.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1968-1969-1970-Dodge-Charger-Headliner-Bow-Anchor-Tension-Wires-New-Reproduction-/331148650610?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d19ff6872

Attached are a couple pics I saved from dc.com . Good luck.

440 magnum

thanks!  i appreciate the picture!