News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Slant Six Carburetor

Started by 73ChargerSE, March 08, 2006, 11:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73ChargerSE

I just bought a '71 Swinger and the Holley carb that is on it needs to be replaced.  It is a 1 bbl.  Does anyone know the model number of the carb offhand?

Thanks
Paul

Chryco Psycho

I would switch to the alum 2bbl intake & use the 2300 series Holley 2 bbl , the /s run far bettter this way

Headrope

Not trying to sound insulting, but have you checked the carb? Most single barrel carbs I've seen had the info stamped into it.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Rocky

go to partsamerica.com  A new carb runs a little over 100$.  Or you could get a rebuild kit for less than 10$

nh_mopar_fan

Better yet, go find a 70's Super 6 setup in a boneyard and switch to the 2bbl. It's a pretty straightforward swap.

http://www.slantsix.org/articles/supersix/article.htm

hemihead

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 09, 2006, 02:23:37 AM
I would switch to the alum 2bbl intake & use the 2300 series Holley 2 bbl , the /s run far bettter this way
I agree, this is the way to go.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

73ChargerSE

Quote from: Headrope on March 09, 2006, 05:37:44 AM
Not trying to sound insulting, but have you checked the carb? Most single barrel carbs I've seen had the info stamped into it.

The car isn't at my house.  It's on the other side of town, I was just trying to see if anyone knew offhand.

Headrope

Sorry. I don't know.
I can second - or third?- the super six swap. Did it to a 67 Dart GT I  had. Worked rather well.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.