News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

One SUV out of two.

Started by lloyd3, Yesterday at 03:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

Alright, alright....let me see if I can liven things up here a bit.

Kids, right? My son wrecked his car (well, his buddy feel asleep while driving it back across Wyoming from California in early March with him in the back seat sleeping as well).  Thankfully, nobody go hurt. He sold the corpse of the little '06 Civic for $800 and then bought this non-running '99 Black Trooper online for $900 (a varmint had eaten the wires under the hood).  We still had an '02 Trooper in storage that I'd fixed up for him in high school, but the motor blew just before graduation.  He's a junior up at CSU now, so...that's been awhile ago.   Long story short, the '99 has a low-miles motor (50k) and a stick with a fresh clutch (fairly desirable) but looked like hell (the elderly owners had hit a deer, along with several other smaller things) and the interior was merde (some people?). The '02 was in great shape in and out (one owner, always garaged) except for that blown motor.  Got Blackie running and then started swapping out the better parts from the White '02.

Swapped the doors (so now the windows all work), swapped the tires and shocks (the ones from the donor car all had less than 5k on them), swapped the fenders, the hood, the grill, the wiper arms, headlights, taillights, and even the spare. Still need to swap the serpentine belt, the mass air flow sensor (it's throwing codes), the seats, the carpets, etc.  It might actually make him a vehicle now.  That boy's got no money but he does have moxie.