News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What manifolds go with a 383 w/ carter HP 4 barrel?

Started by Spartan, September 10, 2005, 08:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

I put a 1969 Carter HP 4 barrel carb (AVS maybe??) and intake manifold on (it was hemi orange but painted it terquois to mach the engine w/ AC).   I want to make the engine correct plus get better air flow then what I get out of the std 2 barrel set up I originally had on the car with the exhaust manifolds.   Soes anyone know what the correct manifold part numbers would be to go with it?   I want to get it matched up correctly and get as much performance out of her and still keep it stock.  Is there any modification needed or should they be just a swap out?  My exhaust system is shot anyway so I want to do this before I replace it (and that will be a topic of a later date).

Thanks,

Sparty
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

cudaken

I think I understand the question. First, what is the casting number on the intake? Best stock intake is from 1968 to 1970 383 HP engines. But I can not find my book on casting number's. Next step and will pass as stock when panted is the MP M-1 intake. Way lighter than the cast iron one and worth may be 5 to 10 Hp over the 68-70 intake but that will depend on what is in the 383.

Exhaust manafolds, stock HP from about the same year. Just sold my last set to Troy Sunday. On E-bay they will bring from $100 to $250.

2 barrel and 2 barrel exhaust manafold's, well to most people they are worth all most nothing. But some where out there there is a number's freak that cr came with a 2 barrel and wants to keep it stock. Hum why mess with it. Max I would say about $30.00 for each, and that is if you find the right freak.

If I had them, well in to the trash can they would go.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Spartan

I am saving my old intake and 2 barrel in case I ever want to go back to numbers matching.  I am just looking to swap out the exhaust manifolds so they are correct for the carb I put on, and get better air flow at the same time.  Everything I bought for the carb and intake are correct for a 69.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

8WHEELER

I sold three sets of them three yrs ago $150 ea set, sanblasted and coated, not  selling anymore.
Yes your header pipes off the manifold will not be the same from stock low perf manifolds to the
hi perf manidolds, so if you switch back to the low perf manifolds you will have to change your  pipes.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.