News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Auto with no console?

Started by comet_666, April 09, 2014, 12:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Anyone running an automatic and not using a console? Pics?

bill440rt

:shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

comet_666

lol
Let me be more specific.
Has anyone seen or have a auto on the floor car without a console?

b5blue

Do you mean factory? (Like 64-70 Mustang can have.) I just pulled my factory floor shift/console, cut all the brackets and installed a Winters Sidewinder.  :scratchchin:

Troy

Quote from: comet_666 on April 09, 2014, 02:57:34 PM
lol
Let me be more specific.
Has anyone seen or have a auto on the floor car without a console?
Not from the factory. But I've seen a lot of examples of this using after market shifters.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

A383Wing

all factory automatics on the floor had consoles.

Console was an option with 4spd cars, standard with auto trans cars

J.Bond

Completely backwards, saw a 66 Charger at Moparfest last year, auto on the column, buckets , and a console!!!!. a blank console!!!!. The owner was not around and the windows were up . Took a few pics, but they were not the greatest due to reflection. I have never seen column shift with a console before.

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

comet_666

Yes, I was going to put in an aftermarket shifter, basically wondering if it will look bad or not without console.

Dino

Quote from: comet_666 on April 10, 2014, 08:40:28 AM
Yes, I was going to put in an aftermarket shifter, basically wondering if it will look bad or not without console.

2nd gens look just fine without a console, it's the aftermarket shifters that usually look like crap.  Find a good looking shifter and it'll look just fine in there!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

A383Wing

Quote from: J.Bond on April 10, 2014, 06:31:39 AM
Completely backwards, saw a 66 Charger at Moparfest last year, auto on the column, buckets , and a console!!!!. a blank console!!!!. The owner was not around and the windows were up . Took a few pics, but they were not the greatest due to reflection. I have never seen column shift with a console before.

no 66 Chargers were ever made with auto on column..it was probably a manual trans, you didn't look close enough, hence the blank in the top plate of console.

And all 66 Chargers came with consoles.

WHITE AND RED 69

I ran my B&M shifter for a while like this but then added a console later on. But I do miss the armrest.  :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

comet_666

That doesn't look too bad at all!

Dino

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on April 11, 2014, 01:15:59 AM
I ran my B&M shifter for a while like this but then added a console later on. But I do miss the armrest.  :cheers:

I'm almost done measuring for a combo.  Console with a buddy seat armrest.  The armrests swings up like before to access the console compartment and swings back down with a built in stop so it hovers about an inch above the console door.   :2thumbs:

I like to have my cake and eat it.   :yesnod:

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: Dino on April 11, 2014, 08:30:20 AM

I'm almost done measuring for a combo.  Console with a buddy seat armrest.  The armrests swings up like before to access the console compartment and swings back down with a built in stop so it hovers about an inch above the console door.   :2thumbs:

I like cake too  :yesnod:  My plan has been to modify a 67 charger console door with the armrest. But add an inch to the height and wrapped in leather to match my seats. But have been lazy about getting to it. I had it in the car for a while but the vinyl is beaten up and looks like crap.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

ODZKing

It was a 67 and I have a pic on my site somewhere.
I'll have to look when I get home. Windows were up the entire time it was there.

kab69440

You pirated my armrest over the console box concept? I'm aghast! You, you... you idea taker, you!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Dino

Quote from: kab69440 on April 12, 2014, 11:35:05 AM

You pirated my armrest over the console box concept? I'm aghast! You, you... you idea taker, you!

I was wondering what took you so long!  When it comes to mixing and matching different charger gens, there's probably little you haven't thought of.   :lol:

What can I say?  It's a great idea.  The current 1st gen console armrests works really well (thanks to ODZ  :2thumbs:), I just want to see what it look likes with the buddy seat armrest in there. 

kab69440

If I can find some way to resize a pic on my phone and post it, I'll show you what it looks like. :2thumbs:
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

A383Wing

66 console top in the Daytona........

myk

Now THAT is a functional console/armrest setup!  So...all you do is swap in a '66/'67 console top into one of ours?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

ODZKing

Actually now that I look at the pics again, Mr Bond was correct, it was a 66. Column shift and console.
Best pic I could get with the windows up.

A383Wing

again, that's a "manual transmission" 66 Charger, not an automatic

Quote from: myk on April 13, 2014, 07:57:42 AM
Now THAT is a functional console/armrest setup!  So...all you do is swap in a '66/'67 console top into one of ours?

yes, you will need the mounting brackets & top arm rest mounting plate...direct bolt in

kab69440

I am betting most of the members here less than 40 years of age have never seen, much less driven a " three on the tree".

Those shifter plate delete plugs sell for big cash when they pop up.

WANT TO BUY:

Thank you,    Kenny