News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 r/t 4 speed 4.10 Dana track pack car sitting in a field

Started by cbrestorations, August 27, 2017, 02:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

69 r/t 4 speed 4.10, triple green, console, track pack car. Such a cool car, glad he kept it all these years and it didn't stay in the wrecking yard. Might not of been around today if he didn't take it. I'm trying to work a deal on this car. He said he would sell it
https://youtu.be/Px_3UxdkOJs

Moparsaver

cbrestorations

Moparsaver

paironines

I remember seeing a pic of those 3 Chargers sitting near the hill in the next video from looooong ago. Strange that they are still there.

tan top

Quote from: cbrestorations on August 27, 2017, 02:00:55 PM
69 r/t 4 speed 4.10, triple green, console, track pack car. Such a cool car, glad he kept it all these years and it didn't stay in the wrecking yard. Might not of been around today if he didn't take it. I'm trying to work a deal on this car. He said he would sell it

:coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Simonic

Mopar owner in the UK..

chargerboy69

Quote from: paironines on August 27, 2017, 06:08:50 PM
I remember seeing a pic of those 3 Chargers sitting near the hill in the next video from looooong ago. Strange that they are still there.

And this is why when I watched the video I just shook my head. Yes, they are his cars, Yes, he can can do what he wants with them.  I just hate watching these cars turn to dust from the "someday I am going to fix her up" guy.

In one of the other videos it sounded like the owner was talking about putting a new style Hemi in a 70 Charger which looked like it had been sitting there since the Reagan/Carter election. . . .He will never touch that car.

We have a guy here not far from me, has a barn full of roughly 30 to 35 cars in various states of disrepair.  But according to him he has plans for each and every one of them and I cant help but think " No you dont.  Your 65 ****ing years old, you are never going to do anything with them except let them sit there and rot so far into the ground, they will be worthless to anyone".  Just my opinion of course.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ghoste

Moparsaver

Quote from: Ghoste on August 28, 2017, 02:44:14 PM
I hope you are able to complete the deal.   :2thumbs:
71 included please.   Leave no charger behind!   priced according of coarse...  :popcrn: 

Just 6T9 CHGR

If the car was originally coded with the 4.10 Dana like you said (A34 Super Track Pak) then to answer your question in the video, yes it was a disc brake car...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Kern Dog

Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 28, 2017, 02:20:56 PM

We have a guy here not far from me, has a barn full of roughly 30 to 35 cars in various states of disrepair.  But according to him he has plans for each and every one of them and I cant help but think " No you dont.  Your 65 ****ing years old, you are never going to do anything with them except let them sit there and rot so far into the ground, they will be worthless to anyone".  Just my opinion of course.

It isn't just your opinion, my friend. It is an opinion shared by many.
People that sit on a large stash of "anything" that others want do have the right to do so but at the same time, they are being selfish and delusional. Just ONE restoration can take years. What about 30-35 cars ???
I came to the following conclusion a few years back. I think it might just be a fair explanation as to why these people refuse to sell:
To sell means admitting defeat. To sell is admitting that your time is limited, that you will not live long enough to do what you want to do. To sell is facing a reality that you do not want to face. Selling is the next step to the grave.
Or maybe the guy is just a selfish asshole.

cbrestorations

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 28, 2017, 03:38:59 PM

If the car was originally coded with the 4.10 Dana like you said (A34 Super Track Pak) then to answer your question in the video, yes it was a disc brake car...

Ahh thanks

elks

Dragon Slayer

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 28, 2017, 04:05:03 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 28, 2017, 02:20:56 PM

It isn't just your opinion, my friend. It is an opinion shared by many.
People that sit on a large stash of "anything" that others want do have the right to do so but at the same time, they are being selfish and delusional. Just ONE restoration can take years. What about 30-35 cars ???
I came to the following conclusion a few years back. I think it might just be a fair explanation as to why these people refuse to sell:
To sell means admitting defeat. To sell is admitting that your time is limited, that you will not live long enough to do what you want to do. To sell is facing a reality that you do not want to face. Selling is the next step to the grave.
Or maybe the guy is just a selfish asshole.

Don't you think this is a little harsh.  I seriously doubt some one like that is thinking how can I screw YOU.  They have there reasons.  Ask why, be polite, but understand when they bought it, no one else really wanted it. Or demand was not as high as it is now.  The fact is he owns 35 cars.  Do you?  No, your standard is a fully restored car.  His standard is different.    I have more problems with guys that under pay for a lot of nice stuff, then mark it up at extortion prices.  Why not just make a quick few bucks and help some one else out.  There are all kinds of folks on both sides of the fence.

Unfortunately, time is against both sides and demand is starting to go back down again.  You just have to move on, or pay those big buck.  Your choice. 

Kern Dog

I don't see my opinion or the others as being harsh.
I see distorted reality when a guy has a huge stash that sits year after year rotting away. When enthusiasts are looking for restorable cars and some guy refuses to sell, it seems stubborn, delusional and selfish.

F8-4life

This is an interesting subject (car hoarding) & it is one I've given some thought too..
I think reasonable people over time tend to produce reasonable results of their efforts & the result is they don't have 35 cars in a field and none run..
One factor (X) that is always changing is of course the desirability of cars, this is somewhat unknown at any given time in history so it is harsh to judge someone who has a track pack 69 Rt but he bough it in 1978 or whatever...when it was a good looking gas guzzler.
But I do think people who are at heart collectors...they can place a lot of value on cars (or whatever) and are at risk of, over time becoming distorted and misinterpret their inherit value as something better then a materiel object...or more meaningful.
This is a delusion of sorts that can grow as a viscous cycle.
This type of reasoning over time results in excessive collecting as a sign of success of self and to re eferm the original thinking patterns and thus avoid certain reality's.
The hard line on not selling, is a result of this mindset.
Another amazing & consistent thing about this type of person is the ability to completly disregard how nature completely destroys cars, and how much work it takes to restore a car to their "fantasy" level.

Dragon Slayer

When you call people AH, or selfish it seems harsh to me.  I wish all those guys who own more than 2 cars or 2 of anything would just put it all on the market at the same time and stop being selfish. Let's get all those spare hemi engines and parts on the market, your not going to need them for your numbers matching car.  Then I could buy a nice car I want at a fair price as supply would probably over run demand ;)

Seems like some of these cars have been parted out over time.  So instead of going golfing he spent money buy junk cars. He may not have been able to afford a complete car back in the day, so he chose to buy junk cars at steep discount and now he has a nice collection of older cars.  His standard may not be that they run.

Now that all the good cars are gone, his collection of affordable junk cars has value.  He is not worried about your timeline, just his.  When he needs money or decides to down size he will sell to your decedents.  Whether the value continues to go up, or goes down is the risk he takes.  No different then investing in the stock market.  Who are we to judge his intent or circumstances.  Or to judge his dreams.

No one is beating him up about the 57 Desoto or Plymouth 4 door sedan, but those Charger RTs, man why won't he sell them to me..... :o

So who is selfish, if we demand someone else comply with our desires and wishes/view of things?

Not to say that some people are not greedy or selfish, but it is what it is, and we can't change it. 

cbrestorations

If he didn't hoard them, they wouldn't be here today. All those cars he has would of been tuna cans by now. He saved them as he likes cool yard ornaments back in the 80's. All those cars were as he found them mostly and back then they were just $100-300 cars in that shape.