News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So Disscouraged.... (My story)

Started by wordslikebullets, April 22, 2014, 05:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

I did not say that. 71/72 R/T or Rallye packages are a better investment.  :Twocents: That's all. :Twocents:

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: 1973rallye on April 23, 2014, 07:56:12 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 23, 2014, 06:37:35 PM
Don't invest in a 73/74 charger. You will never make a buck there.

And thank you for those words of encouragement Mr. Positive. Just maybe those who have them love them and don't really care to buy them to flip. After all, we all can't afford to overpay for rusting 2nd generation cars. My two cents.

I did not say that. 71/72 R/T or Rallye packages are a better investment.   :Twocents: That's all.  :Twocents:

hmmmm... Are you referring to what you said above?   ::)

I don't think you even read the whole story.
How I read it was, he bought and sold (and made a buck) on the 1974 Dodge Charger.  Not that it has anything to do with this thread to begin with.
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

RallyeMike

QuoteDon't invest in a 73/74 charger. You will never make a buck there.

:smilielol: Too late.... he already did make a buck on one.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

VegasCharger

Quote from: 1973rallye on April 23, 2014, 07:56:12 PM
Don't invest in a 73/74 charger. You will never make a buck there.

And thank you for those words of encouragement Mr. Positive. Just maybe those who have them love them and don't really care to buy them to flip. After all, we all can't afford to overpay for rusting 2nd generation cars. My two cents.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Lord Warlock

wall of text? jeez,  learn to enjoy a good story and don't be afraid of a post with more than 3 sentences.  I write books and if those reading can't get past the extra words, they lose out. 

STOP SELLING your cars,  getting married does offer tax breaks but you have to learn how to do your taxes to maximize your deductions and pay as little as you possibly can, it isn't against the law to pay as few taxes as you can justify to the government, you just have to figure out how.  Start a small business (selling parts from cars if need be) you don't even have to make a profit...for several years at least, and you get tons of deductions you wouldn't get otherwise.  Don't cheat on your taxes but don't be afraid to deduct something even if its questionable, it is all based on how you can justify it if you get audited. 

There is no reason to sell a collector car, even when times are tough.  Once or twice in my past I've contemplated transferring ownership to a relative who would sell it back when the trouble time was over....such as if I thought I was going bankrupt (never did but was close a time or two).  It is difficult to hold on to a project car for an extended amount of time, I should know, I've held on to my first car now for over 30 years, the wife has nagged me to sell off my derelict cars and I refuse repeatedly, one day she'll be glad I didn't when those same cars help pay for our retirement, or the kids marriages.  I could sell my charger and pay off every debt i have, and likely pay off my house if i wanted to, but it is much sweeter to hold on to it and pay off the debts the right way, over time, especially when interest rates are so low. 

The only time to sell a collector car is if you have lost interest in it and want to pursue a different hobby or a different toy.  Never sell it for taxes, you can pay taxes with a credit card or even request an extension from the IRS to pay it off if you get surprised by a larger bill than expected.  I had to pay a 2500.00 mistake on taxes from 2 years ago last year, luckily the bill came when I was working and could afford to pay it with a weeks pay check.  (or a half weeks pay)
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

wordslikebullets

Thanks for the Tax advice but there is much more to the story that Im telling you.  Trust me I had to sell them otherwise I wouldn't have.  Im very resourceful, I buy and sell all kinds of things on the side to my daily Job.  As guys its hard not to want to solve the problem but truth be told I was just telling my story because I enjoy reading other stories on this forum.  I have learned my lesson but I also have a different view on life too.  I love Chargers but they do not love me because they can't, that are just hunks of man put together stuff that breaks down over time unless we repair.  For me,  and this might not be the same for everyone, my relationships are more important than anything else in this world.  I have learned that there really is no such thing as a once in a lifetime deal if you are patient enough there will be more deals to be had.  So I might have been sad for a few days or a year but what that story represents to me is not giving up on a dream. I wanted to share my story to encourage the little guy, the dreamer, the guy that can only afford to collect 1:18 scale.  So thanks for all of the kind words and tax help but Im good and I will have another one someday.  It might be this year or it might be 5 years from now but it will happen.  So again thanks and I hope you enjoyed the read Ill be ok.
I Love Chargers Yes I Do....I love Charger How Bout You

myk

Quote from: Lord Warlock on April 25, 2014, 02:15:17 AM
wall of text? jeez,  learn to enjoy a good story and don't be afraid of a post with more than 3 sentences.  I write books and if those reading can't get past the extra words, they lose out.  

I'm certain that the original version of the OP's story had no paragraphs or proper sentence structure to speak of; it was difficult to read, therefor it was jokingly refered to as a wall of text.  As a writer, you of all people should appreciate the proper use of language mechanics...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

nvrbdn

ok, the key to this is easy.......

buy 2 cars. :scratchchin: when tax time comes around,  sell one of the cars. :yesnod:

now you have a car left :2thumbs:

great story, and good luck with your search. 
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Lord Warlock

I'm not a writer, when i said I write books, I meant that when I make a post on a car forum, its usually 3 paragraphs long or longer.  I do however write business documentation and develop scripts on how to test software for a living, which does involve a lot of writing, and you have to be able to get the point across as succinctly as possible in ways the reader can understand.  The original post was properly broken up into paragraphs with only 3 to four sentences in each, hardly a wall of text.  I've seen much much worse here and on other sites.  At least he wasn't using cell phone language or abbreviations like many do. 

The original post does not show that it was edited, so I must assume that he wrote it correctly the first time.  There are just some people on car forums that think a post should be short and quick to read, which is not possible if you're trying to tell a story.  Stories are great and they give us insights into the lives of other members.

69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: wordslikebullets on April 23, 2014, 08:34:12 AM
First off thanks for all the encouraging words.  That is why I love this Forum.

Second, Sorry the story ran together I wrote it on my phone so I got into the office and made paragraphs...it should be a little easier to read....

fyi...
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

crj1968

Quote from: wordslikebullets on April 25, 2014, 08:27:58 AM
  For me,  and this might not be the same for everyone, my relationships are more important than anything else in this world.  I have learned that there really is no such thing as a once in a lifetime deal if you are patient enough there will be more deals to be had. 

True-true. Although after hugging the wife and kids after returning from a business trip yesterday...I still had to go lay hands on the Charger.   :icon_smile_big:

For me I am interested in all kinds of musclecars, so "once in a lifetime deals" can pop up quite often. I mean look at all the cool mopar choices out there.
I've even been perfectly happy with some Ford products.

Lord Warlock

fyi...

I admit my error then.  I did not see it before it was changed.  I always see posts showing when I make an edit on my own, it apparently does not show this to others when they make a correction to the post.  Quite often when i make a post, I see an omission or a grammatical error that I disagree with and correct my own posts.  I feel if you're going to write something it should be as easy to read as possible. 

ODZKing

Words ... sad but great story. And like others have said here, don't let a few people sway you on what YOU want.
As you can see from my avatar, I didn't.
Get your finances in order and get another.  Drive the hell out of it, whatever the condition. First and formost, it's a Mopar.  :yesnod: And that is a family that has always been looked at as third in the car world. We're Mopar people and Mopar folks are special, different!
Be proud of it cause when it comes right down to it, we're the the closest automotive family there is!   :2thumbs:

ottawamerc

Quote from: ODZKing on April 25, 2014, 11:49:36 AM
Words ... sad but great story. And like others have said here, don't let a few people sway you on what YOU want.
As you can see from my avatar, I didn't.
Get your finances in order and get another.  Drive the hell out of it, whatever the condition. First and formost, it's a Mopar.  :yesnod: And that is a family that has always been looked at as third in the car world. We're Mopar people and Mopar folks are special, different!
Be proud of it cause when it comes right down to it, we're the the closest automotive family there is!   :2thumbs:

HERE, HERE!!!! Well said Bob :yesnod:

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

ACUDANUT

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 25, 2014, 01:34:06 PM
I see Ottawa has good taste.  :cheers:

Don't feel bad you own a '72.  Enjoy what you have

:cheers:
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

wordslikebullets

Thanks all for the great words.  this post just shows that we Can all get along even if some of us think our chargers are better.  By the way have you seen that Frankenstein of a charger the guy is building off of just a frame.  Amazing... In two weeks I head out to the farm to take a peak at what that old guy has I'm getting really excited.
I Love Chargers Yes I Do....I love Charger How Bout You