News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I had my first case of mistaken identity...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, April 23, 2014, 10:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Yeah but to be fair, George Barris takes credit for almost everything automotive anyway.

hitail

Actually had someone working at a MOPAR show look directly at me and say "nice Dodge" as I drive past
him in my Superbird. You would think the large PLYMOUTH decals would have been a clue.

69white hat

Lol! I was filling my 69 ( which Is orange ) at a gas station and buddy walks up and says "Nice charger." I say thanks. He says " too bad it aint a 73. It could be a general lee " I said Ya. It sure is..   :image_294343:

Wingnut426

I was once asked "you're the guy that drives that big Duster, right?"  LOL! :smilielol:
HEMI Daytona Convertible

boss429kiwi

I have a good one for you.

I took my 1970 Torino Cobra to an All Ford Day.
Two guys walked past and said "who the f$&@ would bring a dodge Charger to a All Ford Day!"

I had a good laugh, it made my day  :smilielol:

Gary
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

r4daytona

You guys have me excited anticipating my first story like that !! 

1970Moparmann

Quote from: boss429kiwi on April 28, 2014, 01:01:53 AM
I have a good one for you.

I took my 1970 Torino Cobra to an All Ford Day.
Two guys walked past and said "who the f$&@ would bring a dodge Charger to a All Ford Day!"

I had a good laugh, it made my day  :smilielol:

Gary

That's awesome! 

In my neighborhood when I brought the Bird home, I heard "Is it real" about 10x.   Will be interesting once it hits the streets!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

FJ5WING

I heard that ALL the time when I first bought it. I was able to reply with "have you ever seen a fake one?" but nowadays theres a couple handfuls of clones so I guess I'll just have to go with a simple yes, if it ever comes up again.
wingless now, but still around.

Daytona Guy

Arnie Cunningham

I made up an info sheet a few years back.
It can be found at:
http://brcook.com/id31.html
It should be printable as a PDF.
I welcome any comments that might improve it.
Brennan R. Cook
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.