News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aone415

Absolutely stunning work  :o

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

keepat

keepat

Another big part out of storage and bolted on the car. Little by little taking shape;-)
Thanks
Pat

mopar4don

Every time I see pics of your car I am in total AWE!  :bow:
Will you get it done in time for the NATS?

keepat

Quote from: mopar4don on June 24, 2020, 08:38:51 AM
Every time I see pics of your car I am in total AWE!  :bow:
Will you get it done in time for the NATS?

I stopped putting a date on the completion after the 4th year ;-)
But as long as I don't have any setbacks I think it will be done this year. I won't make any of the big shows until next year.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

With all of the brakes bled, I mounted all 4 wheels for the first time in many years.
Thanks
Pat

birdsandbees

Absolutely gorgeous Pat! I've said it before, I'll say it again, true ART !  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

6T8440

The best BULLITT Charger on the planet.  :cheers:
Driving through the towns and neighbourhoods that are us.

keepat

Quote from: birdsandbees on July 11, 2020, 05:58:45 PM
Absolutely gorgeous Pat! I've said it before, I'll say it again, true ART !  :yesnod:

Art was my best subject in School;-)
Thank you!

Quote from: 6T8440 on July 12, 2020, 08:00:50 AM
The best BULLITT Charger on the planet.  :cheers:

I'm not sure about that, but it maybe the best Bullitt Charger in Edgewater MD ;-)
Thank you!
Pat

WhiteOnGreen

:drool5: :drool5: Very, very impressive work Pat,  AKA Mr. Perfection

INTMD8

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Rubberduck

I admire this perfectionism
´68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

70 sublime

I just hope you get 10 hours of driving this car for every hour you put into it after it is allllll done :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

keepat

Quote from: WhiteOnGreen on July 13, 2020, 08:47:26 AM
:drool5: :drool5: Very, very impressive work Pat,  AKA Mr. Perfection

AKA Pain in the a$$ ;-)
Thank you!

Quote from: INTMD8 on July 14, 2020, 09:50:49 PM
Loving it !!!    :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Thanks!

Quote from: Rubberduck on July 15, 2020, 07:55:11 AM
I admire this perfectionism

It's a disease that I inherited from my dad but I have stag 4 ;-) or :-(
Thank you!

Quote from: 70 sublime on July 15, 2020, 08:41:03 AM
I just hope you get 10 hours of driving this car for every hour you put into it after it is allllll done :2thumbs:

I think I averaged about 9 hours a week X 52 weeks = 468 hours a year X 6 years = 2808 hours X 10 = 28080 driving hours X  45 average MPH = 1,263,600 miles (WOW!;-)
Thank you!
Pat

alfaitalia

Be honest....! have you managed to fit all the components and trim to the car without chipping/marking/scratching your beautiful black point? This part always scares the crap out of me.....and Im nowhere near as much of a perfectionist as you!!.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

keepat

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 16, 2020, 10:36:36 AM
Be honest....! have you managed to fit all the components and trim to the car without chipping/marking/scratching your beautiful black point? This part always scares the crap out of me.....and Im nowhere near as much of a perfectionist as you!!.

So far I've been very fortunate not to scratch or chip the paint, but I have yet to install the fenders, hood and a few other pieces so I still have opportunities to screw up ;-)
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Move the car from the hot Rod shop to my home to make room for my Brothers 65 Pontiac. The AC works much better in my home garage, and the four post lift will make it very easy to install the exhaust. I think it's been about 35 years since I've last towed a car with a strap. This was only about 200 yards from my house but when I was a teenager I think my record was about 15 miles ;-)

MoparMike68

70 sublime

I hope you got to drive the car and not the truck  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

keepat

Quote from: 70 sublime on July 26, 2020, 09:34:34 PM
I hope you got to drive the car and not the truck  :2thumbs:

Yep! There's always one milk crate test drive in every build;-)
Thanks
Pat

CRW-FK5

Great pictures of an AWESOME looking Charger.  I really enjoy seeing your progress.

keepat

I received a note from a member on the Pro Touring forum. He said he has been following my charger build thread and that it was his favorite thing on the Internet, well almost! He says it hurts his feelings every time he opens an update on the Charger and sees the tires I'm using on the car.

It turns out he works for Michelin North America.  He said they would like to give me a set of their tires because I'm building exactly the level of vehicle and build that they want to be associated with.

Needless to say I said YES! So cool that a large corporation like Michelin would think that my home built project car is worthy of their attention.

The rear wheel (335/35-17 Michelin Pilot Sports) showed up today and I should see the front wheels (275/40-17) soon.

This is very cool, I am very honored, and I will pay it forward!!

Thank you Michelin!!

Pat

6T8440

Outstanding Pat ~ Told you it was the best Bullitt Charger on the planet and it appears I am not alone in this viewpoint.  :cheers:
Driving through the towns and neighbourhoods that are us.

JB400

v21hemicharger

Now if someone at dodge would feel the same way and send you a Hellephant!!!!