News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidog

Nice, how do you get such precise alignment cuts?

keepat

Quote from: Hemidog on February 11, 2021, 03:42:15 AM
Nice, how do you get such precise alignment cuts?

Using a bandsaw and a big fixed belt sander, makes quick work of it! Start by fitting one pipe to another with a general direction of where the other meets. After having one side fitted, next measure top, bottom and both sides in a straight line and transfer that over to the pipe will get you pretty good alignment.
Thanks
Pat

TexasStroker

Nice work on the exhaust and congrats on the 2nd blast cabinet!  I'd toyed with ordering one, but I've got to get the gantry crane built and didn't want to have it delivered in single digit temperatures, lol.  Not an issue for Florida I suppose  :lol:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

keepat

Slowly working my way aft piece by piece. I'm trying to keep the exhaust as close to the floor as to not see any of it hanging down from a side profile. Using welded on exhaust flanges certainly clean up the appearance.
Thanks
Pat

Fitz73Chrgr

:o  I'd be afraid to drive that thing.  Beautiful.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

keepat

With the exhaust tack welded in place forward of the mufflers, I have started working on the tail pipes. Unfortunately with the inboard mounted 4 link I have to modify the TTI tail pipes to fit.
Thanks
Pat

Lennard

keepat

I finished up the tail pipes, just need to cut the slash tips off to install the rectangular polish stainless exhaust tips. Then I started working on the cut outs. Fortunately one of our belt sanders is the same dimensions as the exhaust!
Thanks
Pat

Challenger340

That's exactly how we used to build Headers for custom engine swaps back in the 80's..... Hooker U and J Bends .... cut/fit/tack/tig
Only wimps wear Bowties !

keepat

Quote from: Challenger340 on February 25, 2021, 06:52:46 AM
That's exactly how we used to build Headers for custom engine swaps back in the 80's..... Hooker U and J Bends .... cut/fit/tack/tig

Doing it right never gets old, but some of us get old doing it right;-)
Thanks
Pat

Q5XX29

Continued awesomeness. Quick question on your photos, since you have to be come proficient in order to post so many. Are you using a third-party hosting website (Flickr, photobucket, etc), or just uploading them directly into your post?
dakota_gt on Instagram

keepat

Quote from: Q5XX29 on February 26, 2021, 12:14:00 AM
Continued awesomeness. Quick question on your photos, since you have to be come proficient in order to post so many. Are you using a third-party hosting website (Flickr, photobucket, etc), or just uploading them directly into your post?

Yes, I use a third-party for all the pictures. I started with Photobucket until they changed their format. Then switch to
Postimges. The third-party photo hosting makes it quick and easy to share with multiple media platforms.
Thanks
Pat

Q5XX29

dakota_gt on Instagram

keepat

Cutouts and S/S tips are fitted! Time to tig weld all the seams and have the exhaust ceramic coated to match the headers.
Thanks
Pat

TexasStroker

www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

keepat

All welded up and I will be delivering it to JetHot Saturday for a polished ceramic coating. All of the amateur welds that you can't see are mine and all of the visible welds are by a good friend and expert welder. A man's got to know his limitations;-)
Thanks
Pat

TexasStroker

Looks killer!  I'm a fan of raw stainless and aluminum, but can't wait to see it all coated.   I'm not sure that I have ever seen an entire exhaust coated front-to-back!
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

keepat

Quote from: TexasStroker on March 05, 2021, 01:28:00 AM
Looks killer!  I'm a fan of raw stainless and aluminum, but can't wait to see it all coated.   I'm not sure that I have ever seen an entire exhaust coated front-to-back!

I'm sure its been done before. I think it will look cool all the same color, headers to tail pipes. Best part is the heat reduction!
Thank You!
Pat

Back N Black

blakemon

The exhaust looks incredible. Keep us posted about the sound.

keepat

Just one fender on and it's starting to look like it's ready for the road
Thanks
Pat

Dans 68

Very nice, Pat. You now are inspiring me to get my left front fender repaired/installed.  ;D  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

keepat

Quote from: Dans 68 on March 15, 2021, 05:02:52 PM
Very nice, Pat. You now are inspiring me to get my left front fender repaired/installed.  ;D  :2thumbs:

Dan

Thanks Dan! Here's a Instagram link for a little more inspiration;-)
Pat

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMIvMiOJpie/?igshid=o8iiaj0m591w

keepat

I'm amazed at how much space all the parts to a car take in one's garage during a restoration. It's great bolting all the big parts back on the Charger and all the space it frees up for the next project;-)
Thanks
Pat

mopar4don

Quote from: keepat on March 18, 2021, 08:34:05 AM

I'm amazed at how much space all the parts to a car take in one's garage during a restoration. It's great bolting all the big parts back on the Charger and all the space it frees up for the next project;-)
Thanks
Pat

YES, he's gonna have another project!  :2thumbs:

Keep us in the loop!