News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derwud

Thank you, it has been fun to watch.. Love the wheels!
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Lennard

Quote from: keepat on April 30, 2021, 10:33:56 AM
Crazy, I started this thread 7 years ago today!
I didn't think it would take this long.
Thank you all for following along!
Pat
It's been a pleasure to follow! :2thumbs:

keepat

The repro parking light fit and look much better then the ones I used 15 years ago on my 1st Charger.
Thanks
Pat

mopar4don

Ryan

im going to be sad when this car is finished and this epic build thread no longer gets updated
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

keepat

mopar4don

Quote from: Ryan on May 07, 2021, 09:34:40 PM
im going to be sad when this car is finished and this epic build thread no longer gets updated
I agree  :yesnod:

Quote from: keepat on May 09, 2021, 06:41:45 PM
Little running video

https://youtu.be/h2o71VuaD2E
AAAAAA that idle is music to my ears!!!
Hey Pat I'll bet you had a big ol grin on your face when you recorded this. I know I would.  :coolgleamA:

keepat

Quote from: mopar4don on May 10, 2021, 06:31:47 AM
Quote from: Ryan on May 07, 2021, 09:34:40 PM
I agree  :yesnod:

Quote from: keepat on May 09, 2021, 06:41:45 PM
Little running video

https://youtu.be/h2o71VuaD2E
AAAAAA that idle is music to my ears!!!
Hey Pat I'll bet you had a big ol grin on your face when you recorded this. I know I would.  :coolgleamA:

Thanks Don! And yes there is definitely a grin of relief that everything seems to be working! Just hope it keeps going that way!
Pat

keepat

The reproduction Map pocket cufflinks did not look as nice as my originals (3rd pic) Unfortunately removing the originals doesn't leave enough of the stud to reattach to the new panels. So I used my Weld Mount studs and epoxy on longer threaded studs making the cufflinks installation very simple. I think the 68 map pocket is a little big for today's maps;-)

pj

armor64

great stuff Pat, the attention to detail  continues to amaze. But hey, some of the pictures are so clean and clear its hard to see the car with all the reflections off the paint... can you sprinkle some dust on it to show up better in the pics? :smilielol:

keepat

Quote from: armor64 on May 18, 2021, 07:58:24 AM
great stuff Pat, the attention to detail  continues to amaze. But hey, some of the pictures are so clean and clear its hard to see the car with all the reflections off the paint... can you sprinkle some dust on it to show up better in the pics? :smilielol:

I might have some survivors dust in the garage soon;-) Hope to pick up a new/old toy this weekend:-?
Thank You!
Pat

keepat

Legendary's carpet set fits great with a few modifications and the addition of some foam to fill the gap around the modified shifter tunnel. It's nice that they make this carpet extra long at the firewall so you cannot see any of firewall. Just letting it relax for a few days with a some 25 pound lead bags.
Thanks
Pat

orange383

Even the carpet fitting procedure is impressive. The interior looks great Pat.

mopar4don

LOOKING GOOD Pat!  :2thumbs:

Quote from: keepat on May 18, 2021, 08:35:05 AM

I might have some survivors dust in the garage soon;-) Hope to pick up a new/old toy this weekend:-?
Thank You!
Pat
Is it what I hope it is? Another build?
:popcrn: :popcrn:

keepat

Quote from: mopar4don on May 20, 2021, 07:13:14 AM
LOOKING GOOD Pat!  :2thumbs:

Quote from: keepat on May 18, 2021, 08:35:05 AM

Thank You!
Pat
Is it what I hope it is? Another build?
:popcrn: :popcrn:

Very cool car but not for this forum;-)

mopar4don

keepat

Quote from: mopar4don on May 20, 2021, 03:34:36 PM
We need details  :icon_smile_big:

As not to jinx the deal I will post pictures of the original paint, rust free, 61,000 original miles car after I see it and hopefully own it tomorrow afternoon?? The plan is to drive it back home 1500 miles!
Thanks!

mopar4don

Quote from: keepat on May 20, 2021, 04:22:40 PM
Quote from: mopar4don on May 20, 2021, 03:34:36 PM
We need details  :icon_smile_big:

As not to jinx the deal I will post pictures of the original paint, rust free, 61,000 original miles car after I see it and hopefully own it tomorrow afternoon?? The plan is to drive it back home 1500 miles!
Thanks!

Thanks Pat, Safe travels and good luck with the deal :2thumbs:

keepat

I decided to reuse the original door sills. The repro's don't look as nice as the originals after polishing, even with a few dents and scratches.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Received an email from Carlisle events to be part of their featured vehicle display at the Chrysler nationals. (Thank you Ed Buczeskie!) It will be great showing the vehicle for the first time in Carlisle as this is where I saw the car for the first time prior to buying it 9 years ago. Having an indoor space to show my black Charger pretty much assures everyone that we will have a rain free and relatively cool weekend;-)
Thank!
Pat

mopar4don

That is AWESOME!
Congratulations Pat. I predict best in show! You certainly deserve it,  :2thumbs:

keepat

Quote from: mopar4don on May 25, 2021, 05:30:48 AM
That is AWESOME!
Congratulations Pat. I predict best in show! You certainly deserve it,  :2thumbs:
Don,
I think it's just on display not in a competition, at least I hope so!
Thank you!
Pat

armor64

that's awesome! if the border is open i hope to drive the 68 down to Carlisle this year as well, provided i can get it safety and registered soon enough. I'd love to see this masterpiece in person.

Lennard

Quote from: keepat on May 24, 2021, 06:46:53 PM
Received an email from Carlisle events to be part of their featured vehicle display at the Chrysler nationals. (Thank you Ed Buczeskie!) It will be great showing the vehicle for the first time in Carlisle as this is where I saw the car for the first time prior to buying it 9 years ago. Having an indoor space to show my black Charger pretty much assures everyone that we will have a rain free and relatively cool weekend;-)
Thank!
Pat
Congratulations on the invite Pat.👍

moparstuart

Well you have a Dead Line now    :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE