News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funknut

Quote from: Lennard on May 25, 2021, 11:52:22 AM
Quote from: keepat on May 24, 2021, 06:46:53 PM
Received an email from Carlisle events to be part of their featured vehicle display at the Chrysler nationals. (Thank you Ed Buczeskie!) It will be great showing the vehicle for the first time in Carlisle as this is where I saw the car for the first time prior to buying it 9 years ago. Having an indoor space to show my black Charger pretty much assures everyone that we will have a rain free and relatively cool weekend;-)
Thank!
Pat
Congratulations on the invite Pat.👍

Congrats indeed, well deserved! :)

DanielG

Congrats Pat.  I was accepted too.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I was afraid that "General Display" might mean outdoors but it doesn't.  We're indoors :cheers:

keepat

Quote from: DanielG on May 26, 2021, 05:09:07 PM
Congrats Pat.  I was accepted too.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I was afraid that "General Display" might mean outdoors but it doesn't.  We're indoors :cheers:

Very cool, and congrats right back at you! Look forward to seeing you at Carlisle!
Pat

keepat

Starting to look like interior interior, and running out of things to bolt back on;-)
Thanks
Pat

keepat

FYI can't use the legendary rally seats with the standard charger long armrest. The side bolster Hits the last 2 inches of the armrest. It could work but eventually would leave a dent in the seat fabric. Not a problem if you're also replacing the door panels but if you reusing your door panels they will be an imprint from the longer armrest base.
Thanks
Pat

green69rt

Uh  oh.  Wonder what's going to happen with my 69?  And where did your seat belts come from?

keepat

Quote from: green69rt on May 29, 2021, 05:31:11 PM
Uh  oh.  Wonder what's going to happen with my 69?  And where did your seat belts come from?

Mitch, I got them from PG classics restoration parts. Fit and look good but not exactly the same as the originals, but close. Thanks
Pat

https://pgclassic.com/products/1850-69buk-100

TexasStroker

Congrats on the invite...As excited as I am to see the car complete, it will also be sad to see the thread come to a close. 

Couldn't a relative use a pro-modded 69?  :lol:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

keepat

Quote from: TexasStroker on May 31, 2021, 02:19:17 PM
Congrats on the invite...As excited as I am to see the car complete, it will also be sad to see the thread come to a close. 

Couldn't a relative use a pro-modded 69?  :lol:

Not a ProMod but the next project will be a 40s vintage woody that I will build with & for my wife;-)
Thank You!!
Pat

keepat

Today I aligned the rear to the body using lasers. This confirm I welded in the 4 link 5+ years ago correctly;-) Then I did a front end alignment with my Fastrax camber caster gauge. Starting by rolling the front wheels onto a piece of plastic and thin piece of Formica. This allows the front wheels to turn and the suspension to relax. Camper was set to -.5° and the caster was set to +3.8°. Toe in was set to 1/8". I was very happy with the rear end to body alignment. I guess all that check, double check, and triple checking before I welded in the rear suspension paid off;-)
Thanks
Pat

birdsandbees

Thanks Pat! I just ordered the same alignment set up so I can tweak my own cars here. Tired of paying 100 bucks only to have the car pull left or right. Hopefully I can figure out why on my own and correct them. Bee I paid to have it done and it pulls right. I eyeballed the Dart myself after doing the complete front end and it goes perfectly straight. The Bird I want to check what it's currently set at, as it works great, before I tear it all apart and redo the front end parts.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

keepat

Quote from: birdsandbees on May 31, 2021, 09:36:50 PM
Thanks Pat! I just ordered the same alignment set up so I can tweak my own cars here. Tired of paying 100 bucks only to have the car pull left or right. Hopefully I can figure out why on my own and correct them. Bee I paid to have it done and it pulls right. I eyeballed the Dart myself after doing the complete front end and it goes perfectly straight. The Bird I want to check what it's currently set at, as it works great, before I tear it all apart and redo the front end parts.

Great tool have used it on a few other cars with great success!
Thanks
Pat

keepat

One small step for my charger and one giant leap for me;-)

https://youtu.be/r7djVQujh00

Dany-design

Wonderful car!...i logged on the forum today after many time and i ve seen this discussion...at first i was not agree for this modify because i like original charger with 15'' wheels and big shoulder tyre, but this look its really nice!...black body, 17'' wheels with vintage style are amazing...what else?

keepat

Aligned the low and highbeam lights and installed the plastic bezels.

Also picked up some new garage art

Finally got around to blacking out the hood turn signal lenses. I used black vinyl that matches the paint great.

And I got the driver side front fender splashguard and stainless tubing covers installed

Thanks
Pat

6T8440

Splashguard ~ Genius

Pat you think of everything!  :popcrn:
Driving through the towns and neighbourhoods that are us.

keepat

Quote from: 6T8440 on June 09, 2021, 07:33:48 AM
Splashguard ~ Genius

Pat you think of everything!  :popcrn:

Genius Not! 7 years is a lot of time to think about stuff;-)
Thank You!
Pat

TexasStroker

Came out very nice!  What is the splash guard for the SS lines made out of?  I'm guessing that is a soft weatherstrip on the edge to keep the paint in tact and eliminate noise?  Looks great!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

keepat

Quote from: TexasStroker on June 09, 2021, 04:00:38 PM
Came out very nice!  What is the splash guard for the SS lines made out of?  I'm guessing that is a soft weatherstrip on the edge to keep the paint in tact and eliminate noise?  Looks great!

Made them out of thin aluminum which was a challenge to welded. And the rubber edge was for both protecting the paint, keeping the dirt out and preventing any rattling.
Thank You!
Pat

chargerperson

Cannot make Carlisle this year due to college visits for my son.  Would really like to see this car some day!

keepat

Quote from: chargerperson on June 13, 2021, 06:22:41 PM
Cannot make Carlisle this year due to college visits for my son.  Would really like to see this car some day!

Penn State would be a good college for your son to check out on 9th of July;-)
Congrats and good luck to your son!!
Pat

69 OUR/TEA

What a great build coming to a finish !! :2thumbs: Or is the build half done as your title says " Modern Bullit build " , doesn't that mean both cars ???  :scratchchin: Now you have to do the same build with a Mustang to park next to the Charger !!!

keepat

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 15, 2021, 04:38:44 PM
What a great build coming to a finish !! :2thumbs: Or is the build half done as your title says " Modern Bullit build " , doesn't that mean both cars ???  :scratchchin: Now you have to do the same build with a Mustang to park next to the Charger !!!

We started with the mustang, that was my sons car. We started that project about nine years ago.
We will soon put the two cars together for some photos.
Thank You!
Pat

69 OUR/TEA

DAY CLONA

Great to see you've reached the finish line Pat, we can all say, Great!, Awesome!, Killer!, Beautiful!, over the top!, etc, etc, etc, but there's really no one word that can fully describe the amount of work, detail, dedication, design, engineering and sweat you put in to that masterpiece.... you set the bar extremely high!

MikeG