News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Quote from: INTMD8 on June 10, 2022, 08:55:38 PM
Yes, that's what I found and really wanted. My shop is only 1700sq/ft and I couldn't get anyone out to do it.

My car is basically a heap.  I bought it from the son of the original owner in, I think 2013? Not a survivor but stuck in time.  Would say it got an earl scheib or equivalent paint job in the 70's.  I wet sanded/polished that.   Rebuilt the drivetrain.  The 390 with reground cam, mildly ported heads, ls1 valves/springs runs out harder than I would expect. Still has points and original coil. 

The hydraulic motor for the top was filled with gelled brake fluid. Cleaned out and refilled, works perfect.  All windows work, signal seeking radio, antenna, everything.  Only bulb I had to replace was for the rear license plate.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/9663/BnlvfZ.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/5036/k2mjxS.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/4486/qqrxCz.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/6924/gSKLkY.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSShgUcuj88

That 59 is very cool, I hope to have one soon!
Thank You!!
Pat

keepat

2022 Hot Rod Power Tour was a blast! 8 days, 8 states, and over 2800 miles! The tour started in Memphis and we took two days to get there. From there it went to Nashville speedway, then down to Hoover Alabama, and on to Pensacola Florida and ended at the Atlanta motor speedway.

We stopped in some cool places along the way such as the pickers Nashville store along with their Columbia car dealership, Jack Daniels distillery, The Wellborn musclecar museum, and the Tuskegee airbase,

We had a few mechanical issues consisting of, a bad alternator, 2 hour fix. A leaky O ring fitting to the hidroboost, 1 1/2 hour fix. And The plastic gear for the speedometer broke at 2300 miles, I'll fix that when I change all the fluids;-)

Kurt's mustang fuel gauge stop working halfway through the tour and his power window switch stop working. All of which was fun and makes the trip that much more exciting! The best part is the cars went through the tour with no dents, scratches or nicks of any kind;-)

Driving across the country in old muscle cars is an absolute blast! We didn't get arrested:-), didn't have an accident, nobody stole the cars and we had a Great time! The power tour started this journey, restoring these two cars. And it was great to complete this journey having both cars perform so well on the tour!Been about nine years since our last tour 2013 and I only hope is that not that long before our next one;-)

Thanks
Pat

1970Moparmann

It wouldn't be the Power Tour without a few issues!  Glad you didn't have too many things happen.   I heard it was really hot!   Great memories Pat... :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Lennard

6T8440

Driving through the towns and neighbourhoods that are us.

dreamcatcher

Thanks for sharing Pat. Something I dream of and will never do. That and drive route 66. Congratulations sir!  :2thumbs:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

Hemidog

keepat

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 20, 2022, 09:43:38 PM
It wouldn't be the Power Tour without a few issues!  Glad you didn't have too many things happen.   I heard it was really hot!   Great memories Pat... :2thumbs:

Yes it was hot, but the cars ran cool!
Thanks guys!
Pat

keepat

Quote from: dreamcatcher on June 21, 2022, 08:09:55 AM
Thanks for sharing Pat. Something I dream of and will never do. That and drive route 66. Congratulations sir!  :2thumbs:

Route 66 in a 59 Cadillac is next 1 day;-)
Thanks
Pat

WHITE AND RED 69

That's awesome Pat! Must of been a cool site with those two on the road.

Now that you've put some miles on it, is there anything you would have changed?

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on June 23, 2022, 04:20:28 PM
That's awesome Pat! Must of been a cool site with those two on the road.

Now that you've put some miles on it, is there anything you would have changed?

So far I have no regrets or wishes. I really love how the car looks stock. Other than the mag wheels the exterior looks completely original. So having such a stock original look it's very unassuming. Unlike a lot of the high end pro touring builds where they make a lot of body modifications this car fools people in thinking that it's original. That's what my plan was from the beginning and I'm glad I stuck to it.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Received a couple of cool poster of the cars on the power tour. One of the drivers looks mentally unstable;-)

dreamcatcher

Totally awesome Pat! That has to be one great accomplishment. I would like to take my 68 down Route 66. I doubt it will ever happen but it would be awesome.  :2thumbs:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

keepat

Quote from: dreamcatcher on July 09, 2022, 07:51:33 AM
Totally awesome Pat! That has to be one great accomplishment. I would like to take my 68 down Route 66. I doubt it will ever happen but it would be awesome.  :2thumbs:

I have been down trip 66 on a motorcycle very cool! but one day I'd like to drive back from California in a 59 Cadillac;-)
Thank You!
Pat

TexasStroker

Saw the post on Instagram first and then checked back in here.  Glad y'all had fun...those are really minor issues for a fresh build and glad y'all got to make the run.  Looks like some really neat stops along the way, especially the Wellborn Museum.

If you wind up doing Route 66, let me know a little ahead of when you will pass thru Amarillo.  I can probably get some Chargers out for you.

Glad y'all are getting to get out and enjoy the cars!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

VegasCharger

Very cool Pat  :cheers: :2thumbs:

Glad you and Bullitt came out unscathed.

keepat

Quote from: TexasStroker on July 10, 2022, 02:10:24 AM
Saw the post on Instagram first and then checked back in here.  Glad y'all had fun...those are really minor issues for a fresh build and glad y'all got to make the run.  Looks like some really neat stops along the way, especially the Wellborn Museum.

If you wind up doing Route 66, let me know a little ahead of when you will pass thru Amarillo.  I can probably get some Chargers out for you.

Glad y'all are getting to get out and enjoy the cars!

Will do! I'm on the search for that next car (1959 or 60 Cadillac) and I hope I can find one in California to give me the  excuse to drive across the country;-)
Thank You

Quote from: VegasCharger on July 26, 2022, 12:48:26 AM
Very cool Pat  :cheers: :2thumbs:

Glad you and Bullitt came out unscathed.

Funny, the trip started off with my biggest concern, me worrying about my son driving with his friends behind me in the tour. But only after a few hours the 1st day I came to the realization that I am in the beginning of that transition where my son/son's are beginning to look after me;-) I hope this is a long transition and not just a few years or worse a few months;-)
Thank You
Pat

keepat

4 animals and 1 Bullitt;-)
Happy new year!
Pat

birdsandbees

:cheers: Happy New Years Pat, to you and your entire family.

Shop is looking great!
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

keepat

Quote from: birdsandbees on December 29, 2022, 09:47:15 PM
:cheers: Happy New Years Pat, to you and your entire family.

Shop is looking great!

Thank You sir!
Pat

kokxville

Awesome Pat.  :coolgleamA:
Happy New Year! :cheers:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

WHITE AND RED 69

That is one fine collection!  :2thumbs:

What's the info on the Cuda?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: kokxville on January 03, 2023, 06:21:35 PM
Awesome Pat.  :coolgleamA:
Happy New Year! :cheers:

Thank You & Happy New Year!

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on January 03, 2023, 06:40:41 PM
That is one fine collection!  :2thumbs:

What's the info on the Cuda?

The Cuda belongs to a friend, it is a original paint 340 four-speed.
Thanks
Pat

Michael R/T

Fantastic cars, I like the GTO also very much. Great trip too. Thanks for posting.

keepat

Quote from: Michael R/T on January 24, 2023, 03:32:58 PM
Fantastic cars, I like the GTO also very much. Great trip too. Thanks for posting.

Don't tell anyone but the 66 GTO is my favorite;-)
Thank You!
Pat