News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crj1968

Um...I want some rims like that.   :coolgleamA:

Heck I'd be totally happy with those hubcaps in 15"   

JB400

:faint: :faint: :faint:  Those wheels are going to look awesome

WHITE AND RED 69

Wheels look sweet!

Is the area in between the spokes going to have black inserts or just leave them open?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

bsakal

I would buy those wheels if they were available.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

J-440

Yeah the black inserts...I would add them but make them slotted as it would possibly cool the brakes? :shruggy: Dam great idea.  I'm surprised none of the experts (the old farts) thought of this idea before!!
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

VegasCharger

Awesome!!!
You're onto to something there.
This wheel could be a huge success if it hit the market.
Would you get some credit for it?
Royalties?

I know that you're focused on your project but you may have hit it out of the park with that design.
I would put these on my 68, 15x10 on the back and 15x8 on the front and ditch the Cragars.

Bryan  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

RIDELIKEHELL

Can't wait to follow this one!
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on May 22, 2014, 02:28:15 PM
Wheels look sweet!

Is the area in between the spokes going to have black inserts or just leave them open?

I'm not sure yet as we are still working on the fine details. I think I like the black outline as it will hide the brake dust.
Thank You!

Pat 

keepat

Quote from: VegasCharger on May 22, 2014, 09:35:57 PM
Awesome!!!
You're onto to something there.
This wheel could be a huge success if it hit the market.
Would you get some credit for it?
Royalties?

I know that you're focused on your project but you may have hit it out of the park with that design.
I would put these on my 68, 15x10 on the back and 15x8 on the front and ditch the Cragars.

Bryan  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Credit- maybe?
Royalties- NO :-(
Thank You!

Pat

crj1968

Pat, you think its possible that these wheel could be avail to others?
I mean I know you are doing a one of a kind thing here, but dang those are cool.

keepat

Quote from: crj1968 on May 23, 2014, 08:12:36 AM
Pat, you think its possible that these wheel could be avail to others?
I mean I know you are doing a one of a kind thing here, but dang those are cool.

I'm sure they would love to make more of these wheels, the problem is the pricing as they are very expensive. I hope to have more information and a few more drawings in another week. The more I look at the renderings more excited I get about this set of wheels. After I iron out some of the small details I am told it will be about five weeks to get the wheels made. This is like the cart before the horse as its way early in this project to need the wheels and tires But I think I'll have to get these wheels on order real soon before somebody else have them made first.
Thank you,
Pat

crj1968

Yeah, well it won't be me getting them made first.  I'm broke!   :P

TUFCAT

Cool concept and interesting take on modernizing the wheels!

Just 6T9 CHGR

I like the concept of the wheels but Im still trying to envision where the white will be painted on the rim to simulate the white wall?

Also the Fratzog....Licencing?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

keepat

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 24, 2014, 07:38:27 AM
I like the concept of the wheels but Im still trying to envision where the white will be painted on the rim to simulate the white wall?

We are still working on the white walls, but may abandon doing the white walls on the wheels and look into tire with a small white wall? Also we will look to move the black line further out on the rim with the next renderings. As for the Licensing of the Fratzog (Dodge logo in the center of the cap) we are looking into using the Fratzog from the hubcap as it is bolted on if we can find good use or NOS ones? If not and we make our own then they will just be a little different than the originals ;-)
Thanks
Pat       

keepat

I have been trying to restore the parts as I remove them instead of at the end of the project. The left side vent box is the last item I did and it cleaned up nicely. Here are a few before and after pictures.
Thanks!
Pat

crj1968

nice. Hey that 3rd picture looks just like mine.   :icon_smile_dead:

keepat

Received a few more wheel drawing with the logo upright and the black around the cut outs removed. Next drawings will have the extra material remove that was black as I think it may look better??

This is the front wheel 17x9 with a 5 ½" back space

And this is the back wheel 17x11 with a 6 ½" back space
Thanks
Pat

bill440rt

Quote from: keepat on May 24, 2014, 09:18:22 AM

We are still working on the white walls, but may abandon doing the white walls on the wheels and look into tire with a small white wall? Also we will look to move the black line further out on the rim with the next renderings. As for the Licensing of the Fratzog (Dodge logo in the center of the cap) we are looking into using the Fratzog from the hubcap as it is bolted on if we can find good use or NOS ones? If not and we make our own then they will just be a little different than the originals ;-)
Thanks
Pat       

Pat, I was also thinking that before regarding the whitewall. Have you looked into Diamondback tires for a thin white stripe tire? That would look great combined with those wheels. A wider whitewall stripe may give the tires a more rubber band appearance, you think?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

keepat

Quote from: bill440rt on May 27, 2014, 09:01:23 PM
Quote from: keepat on May 24, 2014, 09:18:22 AM

Thanks
Pat       

Pat, I was also thinking that before regarding the whitewall. Have you looked into Diamondback tires for a thin white stripe tire? That would look great combined with those wheels. A wider whitewall stripe may give the tires a more rubber band appearance, you think?

Bill,
I agree a ¼" whitewall tire would give it the right look, but I think finding a 335-35 for the rear with a whitewall is the problem? Diamondback have a 315-35 that could be a good compromise??
Thanks
Pat   

bill440rt

Quote from: keepat on May 27, 2014, 09:53:31 PM

Bill,
I agree a ¼" whitewall tire would give it the right look, but I think finding a 335-35 for the rear with a whitewall is the problem? Diamondback have a 315-35 that could be a good compromise??
Thanks
Pat   

Could be. Might be a little "short" though.
Diamondback will also put a whitewall on any tire as well.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

keepat

This is the final design of the wheel and the order is in! No black in the openings and the openings are larger. I should see them in 6 to 8 weeks.
Thanks!
Pat

Bob T

That will look quite striking, nice one Pat.  :2thumbs:

Maybe one of the gurus here could do a photoshop rendering on a black car  :shruggy:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

WHITE AND RED 69

I was diggin the black accents...but it is still a great looking wheel.  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on May 28, 2014, 07:59:00 PM
I was diggin the black accents...but it is still a great looking wheel.  :2thumbs:

Yeah I like the black accents as well, but in the end I really like the larger openings. I think the black in the hubcap was to represent the drum brakes in the allusion of a mag wheel, That's why ultimately left it off.
Thanks
Pat