News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Disassembled both doors so I can send out the vent window and door handles for re-chroming. Here are a few picture of the left doors hardware cleaned and painted along with the right doors hardware as it came out.

I remembered from my last 68 charger that reproduction the tail light gaskets didn't fit well. This time I was able to remove the original gasket without much damage and used an upholstery steamer to expand the foam. Then I sprayed a few coats of Plasti-Dip to fill in any damage. They should work like new!

Thanks
Pat

keepat

Still removing and restoring as I go, but not much photogenic stuff to post. One of the things I restored was the rearview mirror and I took a few pictures of my sons 68 mustang with it.

Soon my Charger will look as good as his Fastback but it will be a lot faster ;-)
Thanks!
Pat

Baldwinvette77

RIDELIKEHELL

I still love your Silver 68 but this is going to be a beauty as well! That Stang is bad a$$
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Ram07

Random question....how much is a can of Plasti-dip?

In my neck of the woods...$22 a can. (when I can find it)

Looking forward to seeing this build! Especially the rims!

projectanimal

Nice details.  Love the review with the Mustang looking jealous.   :cheers:
northwest CT

miamivice

can't wait to see how this turns out, loved your other restorations!

keepat

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on June 09, 2014, 08:01:27 AM
I still love your Silver 68 but this is going to be a beauty as well! That Stang is bad a$$

Yeah I really love that silver chargers as well! But I know I'm going to love driving this new one a lot more!
Your silver charger looks awesome with the black vinyl top, Love the contrast!
Thanks!
Pat

keepat

Quote from: Ram07 on June 09, 2014, 12:37:50 PM
Random question....how much is a can of Plasti-dip?

In my neck of the woods...$22 a can. (when I can find it)

Looking forward to seeing this build! Especially the rims!

The Edgewater Maryland Ace Hardware sells it for about $9.00 for the spray on, And the liquid version is about $14.00
Thanks!
Pat

keepat

Received my tires yesterday, 255/45 and 335/35. Hope to get the wheels in a few weeks, then I can test
fit the front wheel/tires but will have to wait until I mini tub the rear to see the back wheels/tires under the car.
Thanks!
Pat

Baldwinvette77

WOW, Youre gonna put steam rollers to shame with those rears  :coolgleamA:

WHITE AND RED 69

Sweet! That's some serious size tire you got there!  :o  What's the plan for the rear to make it fit? 4 link? 

Why the 35 series in the rear and 45 up front? Why not use a 35 or 40 series on the front?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

TUFCAT

Those are some huge slabs of rubber! :o   Looks like they could be used on a Flintstone car :smilielol:

bill440rt

Nice!  :drool5:
So what became of the whitewall? Any updates on that?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on June 14, 2014, 12:20:29 AM
Sweet! That's some serious size tire you got there!  :o  What's the plan for the rear to make it fit? 4 link? 

Why the 35 series in the rear and 45 up front? Why not use a 35 or 40 series on the front?

I plan on using RMS suspension front & rear as there 4 link will work with TTI exhaust. As for the tires size the 335/35-17 are the same height as the 255/45-17, so from the side they will look the same. At a little over 26.1" tall they are ½" taller than the original F70-14 (25.6") used on the Bullitt car.
Thanks
Pat 

Quote from: bill440rt on June 14, 2014, 07:27:57 AM
Nice!  :drool5:
So what became of the whitewall? Any updates on that?

Still looking into finding someone to cut a 1/4" groove and add a white wall to the tires???
Thanks
Pat

bill440rt

Give Diamondback a call. They say can add a red/blue/white/gold stripe to any tire.  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Baldwinvette77

Since youre having custom rims made, why not have the whitewall added to the rim?  :shruggy:

this vette has low profile tires , and the whitewall is actually part of the rim  :shruggy:

cazz

bill440rt

I'm curious to see what keepat has in store.  :yesnod:
The "whitewall" on the wheel gives off that '50's flavor. Not sure how that would play for a modern Bullitt look.
Whatever the case, this is gonna be one bad ass car.  :drool5:

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: keepat on June 14, 2014, 08:25:39 AM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on June 14, 2014, 12:20:29 AM

I plan on using RMS suspension front & rear as there 4 link will work with TTI exhaust. As for the tires size the 335/35-17 are the same height as the 255/45-17, so from the side they will look the same. At a little over 26.1" tall they are ½" taller than the original F70-14 (25.6") used on the Bullitt car.
Thanks
Pat 

Nice! 

If anything just do a pinstripe just to give it the look, anything bigger than that will take away from the look of the wheels, especially on low profile tires. 

Something like this but in white would make it stand out without being in your face.  I've been thinking about doing this to my 69?  :scratchchin: 
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

I skinned the charger and found a little rust around the back window but the front window channel looks great!

I also pulled the motor and Trans, as I sold it. With the motor in the car and still running I put it on Craigslist with a video and the 2nd called bought it! The 1st called was pissed.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Went to Chrysler Carlisle and picked up a AMD trunk floor and US Car Tool chassis stiffening kit and mini tub kit and a few other things. It was hot but a great day!

keepat

Removed the glue and green paint from the fuel fill pipe and sanded the lead coating with 400- 600 and 800 then clear coated it. Note use a respirator and glove when sanding lead.

1965gp

If you are looking for modified red or white line tires I am happy with mine from diamond back tires- here is a set I put on a barn find car I picked up:

RIDELIKEHELL

Holy SAUSAGES! Those tires are going to look wicked on those rims! Great thread  :drool5:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73