News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redmist

flat out,

You could charge out your work in the auto industry on that stainless line! It looks great!

Got a good source for getting the line?
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

keepat

Quote from: redmist on November 22, 2015, 07:17:34 PM
flat out,

You could charge out your work in the auto industry on that stainless line! It looks great!

Got a good source for getting the line?

I have a great hydraulic supply shop in Annapolis I buy from. They stock a lot of stainless steel fittings that we use on the yachts we sell. If I restored cars for a living eventually it would no longer be fun, and I have no intentions to ruin my hobby ;-)
Thank you!
Pat

keepat

It's not a ported head intake runner, but it will have fuel running through it. What do you think it is?

Answer will be in the next post
Thanks
Pat

keepat

I needed to make a large fuel pass-through in the trans cross member  as there will be two ½" fuel lines. I used part of the rear frame rail I cut off last winter to make the reinforcement for the hole I put in the cross member. Now I can bend full length fuel line to fit.
Thanks
Pat

BLK 68 R/T

Looking good  :2thumbs: You definitely have some amazing fabrication skills!

:popcrn:

keepat

I installed the fuel tank so I could mark the trunk access for the fuel pump and sending unit. The tank has a EFI pump inside and adding the trunk access will make it easy check or remove without dropping the tank.
Thanks
Pat

Mikesmoparperformance

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Dino

Have you considered putting all the pictures you have with comments on a DVD or ebook something?  I'd buy it!  This beats all these lame car shows on TV.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

WHITE AND RED 69

Looks perfect!   :2thumbs:   Now I really wish I would have added an access panel on mine for that tank.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: Mikesmoparperformance on November 29, 2015, 08:23:22 PM
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Amazing well done! :2thumbs:

Thank You!

Quote from: Dino on November 29, 2015, 09:20:24 PM
Have you considered putting all the pictures you have with comments on a DVD or ebook something?  I'd buy it!  This beats all these lame car shows on TV.   :yesnod:

Thanks, but no Thanks ;-) It takes me 2 or 3 years to build a car, and at 51 years old I think I have 6 or 7 car left in me, if I'm lucky! Next car is for my wife Kerrie, maybe I can get her to do a book?
Thank You!

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on November 30, 2015, 02:03:48 PM
Looks perfect!   :2thumbs:   Now I really wish I would have added an access panel on mine for that tank.

Good winter project for you, and it was easy!
Thank You!
Pat

WHITE AND RED 69

I know if my pump ever fails I'm going to be kicking myself for not adding it.

Whats the plan for the the access door? Are you going to bead roll the center section it so it matches the trunk floor grooves? 
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on November 30, 2015, 07:16:48 PM
I know if my pump ever fails I'm going to be kicking myself for not adding it.

Whats the plan for the the access door? Are you going to bead roll the center section it so it matches the trunk floor grooves? 

I'm planning on using .063 aluminum plate. and I'm thinking about engraving something on the top? It looks like a license plate, maybe the tag number from the bullet charger or possibly just the word Bullitt?  It'll be out of sight but it might be a cool little detail thats hidden under the rubber trunk mat??
Thanks
Pat

keepat

The fuel tank access cover is done, now I can bend the fuel lines
Thanks
Pat

VegasCharger

Quote from: keepat on December 01, 2015, 08:54:39 PM
The fuel tank access cover is done, now I can bend the fuel lines
Thanks
Pat

Well done thought out planning :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

keepat

I received the new RMS rear sway bar kit today just in time before I bend the fuel lines. I will locate the sway bar mounts first, so I can route the lines around them. This kit has been in the works for over a year and it was worth the wait! It is a great looking kit and very reasonably priced!
Thanks
Pat

WHITE AND RED 69

Nice job on the access cover!   :2thumbs:

That's a nice looking sway bar. Does it only work with the RMS 4 link or will it work with a stock setup? I don't see it on their site?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on December 04, 2015, 02:28:10 PM
Nice job on the access cover!   :2thumbs:

That's a nice looking sway bar. Does it only work with the RMS 4 link or will it work with a stock setup? I don't see it on their site?

The sway bar kit I have only works with the RMS inboard 4 link Street Lynx system. This kit is new and other then seeing it at Carlisle there is not much info on it yet. I hope it fits as good as it looks! I'm not sure RMS make a rear sway bar for a stock suspension. 
Thank You!
Pat

oddis

great build, and impressive work  :2thumbs:     can`t wait to see it finished..   :popcrn:  

makes me realize I have missed out on a lot of smart things/solutions on my almost finished charger..  :brickwall:    hopefully you'll share even more tips and fabrication stuff that we can learn from....   :popcrn:     keep them pictures coming....  

GT

Oh its about time - I've been waiting for that bar.  I'll have to give RMS a call  :2thumbs:

Nice job on that access cover!
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

keepat

I put the rear back in the car so I could fit the new RMS sway bar. The sway bar kit fit great after I quickly figured out it is a rear mount system.  All the RMS sway bar prototypes I saw at Carlisle had front mounts. Bill said the kit will work with TTI 3" exhaust and it does look to have more than enough room.
Thanks
Pat

chargerperson

Quote from: keepat on November 30, 2015, 02:09:26 PM
Quote from: Mikesmoparperformance on November 29, 2015, 08:23:22 PM
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Amazing well done! :2thumbs:

Thank You!

Quote from: Dino on November 29, 2015, 09:20:24 PM
Have you considered putting all the pictures you have with comments on a DVD or ebook something?  I'd buy it!  This beats all these lame car shows on TV.   :yesnod:

Thanks, but no Thanks ;-) It takes me 2 or 3 years to build a car, and at 51 years old I think I have 6 or 7 car left in me, if I'm lucky! Next car is for my wife Kerrie, maybe I can get her to do a book?
Thank You!

What do you do with the last car when you build the next?  Your car would have to be one of the best, if not the best, 2nd Gen restomod in existence when complete?  Do you keep all of your cars?  I selfishly was hoping you become bored and sell the last one

keepat

What do you do with the last car when you build the next?  Your car would have to be one of the best, if not the best, 2nd Gen restomod in existence when complete?  Do you keep all of your cars?  I selfishly was hoping you become bored and sell the last one
[/quote]

First of all thank you!  But I'm pretty sure this is far from one of the best second GEN restomod chargers ever built!  There are a lot of awesome chargers that are on this site and others that been built that prove that point.  I do think that once this car is completed it will be one of the few restomod that the traditional all original charger person will appreciate because outside it will be true to the original bullitt charger other than the wheels and tires.

My first frame off full restoration was in the mid 80s on a 1964 GTO.  That was a special car that my wife and I built together before we were married and finished just after getting married, and we had to sell that car just before our first son.  Would love to find it and buy it back but have been unsuccessful.  The second car was the silver 68 charger I did almost 10 years ago.  That car I sold to help fund putting that same first son through college.  The third car was an all original numbers matching 1972 Trans Am.  I still own this car and have no intentions of selling it, I hope ;-)  The fourth car was a 1968 bullitt Mustang my youngest son and I did together and that belong to him so I can't sell it but I've also forbid him from ever selling it, I hope ;-)

I have regretted selling the 64 GTO and the 68 silver charger so I have no intentions of selling this charger and hopefully can keep all the future cars that I built, I hope ;-)

Thanks again!!
Pat

keepat

I almost finished the fuel lines this weekend. Just one S/S line left to make and a few hose.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

I finished the rear fuel lines and all that is left is the Much II tank vent system.
Thanks
Pat

XS29L9B2

your woork is so beautifull
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona