News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

With the car still on all 4 I started fitting the US car tool frame connectors and after a little grinding they fit pretty well.

I also started on the only part of the frame that was rusted. The right side of the cross member needed a small section cut out and replaced so I found a donor frame rail to graft in the frame.

I will weld up after I finish cleaning the undercoat off.
Thanks
Pat

BananaDan

I'm late to the thread and drooling already. Great work!  I want those rims!!! :drool5:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

DC_1

Can't wait to see those custom rims  :2thumbs:

keepat

Evod said the wheel should ship late next week and sent a picture of one of the center sections.
Thanks
Pat 

bill440rt

That is going to look REAL nice, Pat!  :yesnod:  :drool5: :drool5:

Can't wait to see more progress pics.  :popcrn:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

keepat

I installed the US Car Tool core support today and fit great with just a little grinding. I order it without the holes as I like the original look. Next to the subframe connectors and torque boxes it is one the best stiffener you can add to a Mopar! I ground down and radiuses the weld so it would look original. You could jack the car up from the core support now!
Thanks
Pat

WHITE AND RED 69

Damn! I didn't know you could order the brace without the holes.  :brickwall:  Oh well, too late to buy another.

Progress is looking good.    :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

I received another picture of my wheels today. This one with the complete center cap.
Thanks!
pat 

JB400

This keeps getting better and better :2thumbs:

keepat

I received a few more pictures of my front wheels. The red and black paint in the center cap should make them pop!
Thanks!
Pat 

DC_1

Those look great!!

If you don't mind me asking what are they going to run you $ wise?

six-tee-nine

Pat,

Are these wheels really a unique set? Say someone tomorrow says hey, I like these, can he pick up the Phone call these guys and buy a set?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

tan top

nice work !!  wheels look good , different  :coolgleamA:   , keep the up dates & pictures coming !! awesome stuff  :cheers: :drool5: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Bob T

Hanging out to see how they pop with colour...
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

keepat

Quote from: DC_1 on August 01, 2014, 12:40:53 PM
Those look great!!

About 2,000 for each wheel
Quote from: six-tee-nine on August 01, 2014, 01:15:47 PM
Pat,

Are these wheels really a unique set? Say someone tomorrow says hey, I like these, can he pick up the Phone call these guys and buy a set?

They are original one offs but anyone could have them duplicated, I'm sure they would love to sell some more! Unfortunately the only way the price would come down is if someone made a cast version of the center section.
Thanks
Pat

TUFCAT

WOW  :o  You can buy a lot of NOS hubcaps for 8 large!!  Just kidding I love the wheels and they're going to look great.  Nice idea to have them made.  :2thumbs:     

FastbackJon

Quote from: keepat on August 01, 2014, 07:19:03 PM
Quote from: DC_1 on August 01, 2014, 12:40:53 PM
Those look great!!

About 2,000 for each wheel
Quote from: six-tee-nine on August 01, 2014, 01:15:47 PM
Pat,

They are original one offs but anyone could have them duplicated, I'm sure they would love to sell some more! Unfortunately the only way the price would come down is if someone made a cast version of the center section.
Thanks
Pat

The center section is the hard part? I was going to recommend you wheel shop look at doing a trunk medallion center for the 1966-67 Charger since that center section of the wheel looks like it's mostly there.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

keepat

Received the wheels Friday and they exceeded my expectations. I will paint the red and black details in the center cap soon and hope to get the tires mounted next week.
Thanks
Pat

Fitz73Chrgr

Wow.  Can't wait to see more progress on this car.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

WHITE AND RED 69

Looks sweet! Love the hidden lug nuts.

Is the center cap just pressed on? Can't wait to see them painted.   :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Dino

Those wheels look great!  Truly a perfect upgrade from the hub caps.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

TUFCAT

Are the rear wheels wide enough??  :o :shruggy:

jaak

Those wheels look awesome! Its funny, the original hubcap pictured next to the wheel, makes the hubcap look like a part for a toy car.

Jason

bill440rt

Well, they completely kick a$$, now don't they??  :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :drool5: :drool5:

Can't wait to see them with some accent paint, that should really make them pop.  :2thumbs:
Creative build threads like these are great.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 09, 2014, 02:13:03 PM
Looks sweet! Love the hidden lug nuts.

Is the center cap just pressed on? Can't wait to see them painted.   :2thumbs:

Yes, they are pressed on with a Oring for a tight fit and it takes a suction cup to pull it off. There actually two caps that make up the center lug cover. I'll post a few pictures removed from the wheels when I paint them.
Thanks for the comments guys!
Pat