News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Welded in the trunk floor today and hope to put the inter wheel wells in tomorrow.  The floor fit great with little persuasion.  I was able put a bead of seam sealer at the tail panel and where the interior floor meets the trunk floor. I also used my spot weld wherever I could reach and plug welded what was left.
Thanks
Pat

fy469rtse

Looks great love seeing new sheet metal ,
Great quality work  :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

MxRacer855

keepat

Thanks Guys!

Epoxy primer the inter wheel wells along with few other parts today. I hope to install them permanently tomorrow.
Thanks
Pat

Ryan

How well did that spot welder work for you? I have the same one and it was quiet the pain in the a$$ to get those 18" tongs to work.  Just curious what kind of luck you had.

69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

keepat

This is the 3rd car I have restored using the Miller spot welder and I have had no problem other than the weight of the unit. For the most part I only use the 18" tongs. I find it best to have 2 people, one to align the spot welder and one to hold the unit. The weld timer is nice when you can't see the weld. Got to keep the ends clean and do test weld before and after each job to check for weld penetration. What problem are you having?
Thank you!
Pat     

MxRacer855

The amount of work and detail in this project is incredible.
The masking tape over the drill holes for a good contact is incredible.  :2thumbs:

:cheers:

keepat

I have been away from the Charger for a few days as my youngest graduated culinary school (CIA) in NY. He is only home for 3 weeks then back to school for a business degree.
I welded in the wheel wells and have the bumper & trunk supports painted and ready to install.
Thanks
Pat

Homerr

Your pics are always great, the quick wipe down really allows the work to shine.

keepat

Quote from: Homerr on April 27, 2015, 10:50:57 AM
Your pics are always great, the quick wipe down really allows the work to shine.

Thank you! If you're going to take the time to do the work and post the progress, then you should take good pictures! I enjoyed the restoration well as the documentation. It is fun to go back and review the work years later.
Thanks
Pat

MxRacer855

As always Pat... nothing but PERFECTION!  :2thumbs:
Your pictures are always gold!  :drool5:

Love this thread!  :cheers:

Jeff

keepat

All the metalwork in the back of the car is complete and now it is time for the front of the car, motor, 6 speed, and RMS suspension. (The fun stuff)
Thanks
Pat

Ryan

69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

MxRacer855

WHITE AND RED 69

Great work!  :2thumbs:  Can't wait to see the front end come together.   :popcrn:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

I just remembered today marks one year into this build that I'm shooting to finish by next spring. It is so true how fast time fly's by as we get older :-(
Pat

fy469rtse

keepat

I drop the K member and remove the bump stops from the frame rails. The K member has SSBC disc brakes and is in good shape with a tight steering box and I would like to sell it if anyone is interested? I will post it for sale soon.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

I cut the bump stops off so that they could be reused on another car if someone needs a set?
Cleaned up the frame rails and fit the RMS K member.
Thanks
Pat

SnoPro440

Looks outstanding.  I wasn't sure how well you'd top the silver 68 but I think you have accomplished that.  :cheers:
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

ELLIOT

It's absolutely beautifull ! Can't wait to see the ending result  :yesnod: :angel: :drool5:
Don't look back, I might be gaining on you.
The Mayhem project will begin in 2015
B-body Rules !

WHITE AND RED 69

Nice!  :drool5:  Are the insides of the fenders and floors going to be painted or undercoated?

I need to get me one of those mini floor lifts! Must make working on the car a lot better than jack stands.  :lol:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

MxRacer855

Looks great Pat! Just finished this stage myself!  :drool5:  :drool5:

Keep 'em coming!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

:cheers:

Jeff