News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi 500 at Mecum Indy

Started by SeaninSD, April 30, 2014, 05:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Will be heading over to auction after work tomorrow to get an up close look at this car.

69_500

It's a nice car that is for sure. Someone wanna loan me money so I can keep it in my garage?

69_500

Side note. It is not same car as the article

held1823

one you already had on the list?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

69_500

Yuppers. One that was already on the list.

BS27R1B

Nice meeting you today.
Did you find the Runner ragtop?
' objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are'

CAPER

moparchris

That's 270K PLUS the buyers premium.  I don't know if Mecum is like Barrett but most places have a 8-10% buyers premium.  Super nice 500.
If anyone wants an all original metal, all original drive train Hemi 4 speed C500 let me know.  P.M. me.
No I don't think my car is as nice as the car at Mecum.
But the reality is I'm a public school teacher, I haven't had a pay bump in the past 7 years and I'm having a hard time justifying this stuff at this point in my life.

Kowal

I was there as well.   Very nice car, great price (stating the obvious).

As a general statement, I thought Mopar's ran strong...the brown Charger went for 125 (Hemi), the lt green metallic Charger which was very nice went big as well.    I did buy a car, a very unusual one for me since I have never owned a collector car other than a Mopar.    I bought a '71 442 (car F302).    Pretty car, I strayed.
'69 Hemi Charger 500, '70 U Code Challenger R/T
(These two and a bunch others at www.dkowal426.com)

"P. J. O'Rourke:  The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."

held1823

anyone care to share the vin's on the aero cars, so i can sort the stolen photos?

as to buying the 442, congratulations. that car is absolutely stunning
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Kowal

Quote from: held1823 on May 17, 2014, 05:48:27 PM

as to buying the 442, congratulations. that car is absolutely stunning

Thanks!   I debated for hours, but the "bid goes on" at Mecum is pretty good.   The seller and I basically split the difference between his reserve and the high bid.   

Mytur Binsdirti

That's an absolutely beautiful 500, and I understand it's low production combined with an unusual color, but it seems that 500's (in general) have always not gone for much more than a comparable '69  Charger R/T. Good for the owner for getting that much for it, but the selling price seems to be almost twice as what I would think that it would be these days.

What gives; have hemi cars, and the rarer Mopars rebounded that much since the big crash?   :shruggy: 

Kowal

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 18, 2014, 07:55:54 AM
What gives; have hemi cars, and the rarer Mopars rebounded that much since the big crash?   :shruggy:  

I hit several of the auctions this year, all of the Scottsdale auctions and Mecum this weekend.   I do think that certain Mopars...Hemi cars, really well turned out 440-6 cars are up.    The caveat is that they have to be really well done, which I think is different than the last time when practically anything drove big numbers.    This is three C500's this year that drove prices with a 2 in front, and one of those was a green car.    All were 4-speeds, all were fresh cars.

There were several Hemi cars at Mecum which dragged lower prices, but up close these were all rough to some degree.   The black Hemi RR that was there was a good example.   Mecum used it in some of their promos, but it was rough as heck up close.    Ditto the sub-lime 440-6 Runner.    On the other hand, the two 440 Chargers (lt green and orange) there drove strong money and both were very nice.

Ghoste

Wow!  Well I hope its also an indicator of the economy as a whole.  Congrats on the Olds too, that is a great looking car.

69_500

The 99 Hemi 500 was a nice looking car indeed. Was it perfect? Not hardly. Could it have about 20-25 things done to it that were simple things to make it that much nicer? Yes. Nothing major wrong with the car just small detail stuff.

As far as the 1970 Hemi Charger, did anyone else look that car over? I only looked at it for about 2-3 min, but was not impressed.

Kowal

I thought the sale of the '70 Hemi Charger was interesting.   I have seen that car before at least at one other auction.   That car, and the black Hemi Road Runner, were top of my list of cars that photographed well yet up close where in need of some serious effort.   

moparchris

Congrat's on the Olds 442.  If I ever stray from Mopar a 70-71 442 is at the top of my list.
A 71 442 is actually the car I took my drivers license test in.  My brother couldn't get off work to let me use his car and my dad was AWOL so my buddy in high school let me use his 442. Neat cars.

Sean

I will own this car one day...... Mark my word..... If I have to pay with my wife's life insurance policy so be it.....

Ghoste

I have to admire that kind of dedication.

maxwellwedge

held1823

Quote from: Sean on November 09, 2014, 08:25:27 PM
I will own this car one day...... Mark my word..... If I have to pay with my wife's life insurance policy so be it.....

might even be a win/win situation
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053