News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gas Gage Not Reading Correct-Still !

Started by hemirr, May 10, 2014, 06:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemirr

So no matter how much gas is in the tank, the gage reads 1/8.  I have replaced the sending unit twice, replaced the voltage limiter, the gage, and the circuit board on back of cluster.  Still same thing.  So then I grounded out the wire going to the sending unit and then the gage reads past full, indicating the gage is working.  I bought the sending units from Year one a few years a go and even bench checked them before I installed.  Still same thing.  I am now about to try sending unit number three.  I will check it with the sending unit grounded and out of the car to see if it works correct before going through the trouble of installing.

Any ideas I may have missed that someone can help with ?  Help !

green69rt

There is a ground strap  that hooks between the nipple on the gas tank to the gas line, it bypasses the little piece of rubber hose at the gas tank.  If that strap is missing or bad the gauge will not read right. 

Look here to see what it looks like.

http://www.gastanks.com/Mopar-Sending-Unit-Ground-Strap-3-3_4/productinfo/C-GS/

A383Wing

yup...I say ground to tank body is missing.....