News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66-67 Charger Dash Lights

Started by CornDogsCharger, January 25, 2006, 11:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornDogsCharger

On my1966 Charger, I am getting ready to tackle the chore of getting to dash lights to wrok.  I haven't even started testing anything... before I do, I wanted to come here and ask around.  For a 66-67 where do I need to start?  How can I test the power pack to see if it works before I drop a lot of money on another one if I don't even need it?  I know that some of you have already gone through this troublesome task.  Any advise or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Ghoste

Justin, the best advice I could give you to start would be the 66-67 Charger source guide.  If you go to the 66-67 Charger forum link in my sig, and look in the resources index, you'll find a link to it.  Then go to electrical and work from there.  Don Dodson is the king of fixing those things and you'll find him there (and here) under "67RedCharger".

67RedCharger

Quote from: Ghoste on January 26, 2006, 04:52:27 AM
Justin, the best advice I could give you to start would be the 66-67 Charger source guide.  If you go to the 66-67 Charger forum link in my sig, and look in the resources index, you'll find a link to it.  Then go to electrical and work from there.  Don Dodson is the king of fixing those things and you'll find him there (and here) under "67RedCharger".

OUCH!  my ears started ringing.  Justin here is the routes to go.
http://www.chargersourceguide.com    When the screen appears click on POWER (that screen will show the engine bay for my car, "Ole Red"
When you get tired of looking "Ole Red" click on ELECTRICAL
Next,  click on GUAGES
Next, Click on the picture ELECTROLUMINESCIENCE
Print the page that comes up, and then explore the source guide that others have made contributions for their suggestions and ideas.
  The Source Guide is the brain child of David Walker, and the contents comes from a lot of members of the first generation Charger site;   http://66-67charger.com  Allen Ward is the adminstrator.  Come on over and join us by becoming a member where you will fall right in line with the rest of us as we discuss and show our treasures.

~ Don ~

Original Owner "Ole Red" 1967 Red Dodge Charger

CornDogsCharger

Hey guys, thanks lot!  You don't know how much I appreciate it.  I bookmarked the site... now all I have to do it get started.  Thanks again!

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

purple70rt

Good Luck,

My Dad finally got his working in his 66.  Bought used power pack after power pack, nothing worked.  Finally sent one of the packs in to have redone and hooked everything up and still nothing. Bench tested gauges, had 2 dashes, both worked fine.  Turns out the main wire had a break in it.  Fooled with them for over 2 years.   Very cool dash lights once you get them to work!!!!!!

Ghoste

Yeah, they are wired in series like a Christmas tree so if one part is out, the whole dash goes down.  It's a painstaking process.  Generally, if the power pack hums, it's working.

Big Sugar

Justin you realize when you come on board over at  http://66-67charger.com your gonna need to post a few shots of that ride of yours . You can't hide behind that avitar forever.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Ghoste

The sooner the better btw.  (although I do like the avatar teaser pic ;))

Headrope

Quote from: purple70rt on January 31, 2006, 07:55:24 AM
Good Luck,

My Dad finally got his working in his 66.  Bought used power pack after power pack, nothing worked.  Finally sent one of the packs in to have redone and hooked everything up and still nothing. Bench tested gauges, had 2 dashes, both worked fine.  Turns out the main wire had a break in it.  Fooled with them for over 2 years.   Very cool dash lights once you get them to work!!!!!!

Totally unrelated (sorry, folks) but what springs are you running - tire/wheel sizes, etc.? The stance on your car is similar to what I'm after. Please p.m. me.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.