News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

12.0 V at the Batt

Started by denver98, May 25, 2014, 02:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denver98

I just installed the edelbrock proflo XT EFI system.  The installation included an electric fuel pump, new ignition and ECU, and an electric fan.  A couple of years back I completed the alternator upgrade and was getting 14.5v at the battery. It's a 90 amp alternator and I feel like that should be enough.  However, the only wires that connect to the coil are from the ECU, so the old power wire is no longer used.  Thoughts on how to get the power up at the battery?  The voltage does not increase with rpm and it does not drop below 12 with everything on.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
-Scott

John_Kunkel

Does the voltage at the battery increase if you disconnect the fan? If so, sounds like even your 90-amp alternator isn't doing the job. Some electric fans have a huge current draw.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

denver98

Well after up grading several wires to 4 gauge. It turned out that my voltage regulator wasn't grounded properly. :brickwall: Rookie mistake! I had moved it to make way for the big bundle that comes through the firewall and hadn't bolted in place again.  Shame on me.