News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Reproduction Grille

Started by Bowers, May 29, 2014, 02:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowers

Anyone worked with a fiberglass reproduction grille for a 69 Charger? Has all three pieces but the fins are smooth next to the I in the center and will most likely have to be cut out and replaced. Thoughts?

Thanks

Bowers

Something like this.

Daytona R/T SE

Ghoste

Agreed.  More trouble there than it will ever be worth.

jaak

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on May 30, 2014, 06:06:27 PM
Junk.  :eek2:

X3. Wait and find an original. They are still out there. Heck a guy bought a complete one here last week for 300 bucks.

Jason

Daytona R/T SE

The '69 grilles aren't that tough to find.  :slap:

I've been cleaning out my old storage shed the last couple of weekends...

So far, I've found five of them.  :icon_smile_big:

And...

A couple of '68s...

And ...a '70 headlight door.  :shruggy:

No... you can't have them.  :nono:

Keep looking.  :Twocents:

twodko

Cruel Daytona R/T SE. Stone cold. lol:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: twodko on June 01, 2014, 12:07:50 AM
Cruel Daytona R/T SE. Stone cold. lol:

;)

You know, I was thinking about this...

Not one of these grilles was found on the internet.

I found them by going to swapmeets...

Talking to people face to face...

And

Knocking on doors when I'd see a Charger in someone's yard. :scratchchin:

What a concept !

Bowers

Daytona,
I live in a small city in Northern Ontario, The only 69 charger within 8hrs is a 69 GL that was purchased in Atlanta and shipped here for $65k. Unfortunately, we don't have swap meets and people with cars in their barns. So I have to do the online method and ask for advice or people selling. If you want to be an ass ok but in my opinion your not helping anyone with your dickhead comments.

twodko

Mr. Bowers I urge you to reel yourself in.......a lot.

Daytona was in no way being an ass.

He was just rattling your cage.....I rattled his.......then he came back to suggest
viable options you could try locating a grille. He's a stand up guy. I've never met the man
but I have enjoyed his many posts over the years and the sage advice he's give to many of us.

Lighten up.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

fy469rtse

:o Egad , face to face , is there a app you can down load for the young ones on here.
not sure there experienced is this area and likely to get buck shot in the arse

Bowers

My apologies, sincerely. That was un called for. I recently went to the swap meet in MN and was really disappointed to not find anything to aid me. Just a bad moment to rattle the cage. Sincerely Daytona, I am sorry for my outburst.

Thanks

JB

BIGBLCK11

Searching for a grill, on a DODGE CHARGER FORUM, what a concept!   :shruggy:

The 'internet' is a large place, but this is one very specific site.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Bowers on June 01, 2014, 04:43:31 PM
Daytona,
I live in a small city in Northern Ontario, The only 69 charger within 8hrs is a 69 GL that was purchased in Atlanta and shipped here for $65k. Unfortunately, we don't have swap meets and people with cars in their barns. So I have to do the online method and ask for advice or people selling. If you want to be an ass ok but in my opinion your not helping anyone with your dickhead comments.

:fu:

And...

Just when I was thinking I might be able to spare one.  :scratchchin:

Did I mention I'm cleaning out my storage shed and getting rid of a lot of stuff I don't need ?

I've been hoarding Charger parts for over 30 years.

Did you stop and think that some old, asshole dickhead like me might have EVERTHING you need ?

Hmmmm.... :scratchchin:

Too bad. :slap:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Bowers on June 01, 2014, 09:22:18 PM
My apologies, sincerely. That was un called for. I recently went to the swap meet in MN and was really disappointed to not find anything to aid me. Just a bad moment to rattle the cage. Sincerely Daytona, I am sorry for my outburst.

Thanks

JB

:fu:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: twodko on June 01, 2014, 07:53:08 PM
Mr. Bowers I urge you to reel yourself in.......a lot.

Daytona was in no way being an ass.

He was just rattling your cage.....I rattled his.......then he came back to suggest
viable options you could try locating a grille. He's a stand up guy. I've never met the man
but I have enjoyed his many posts over the years and the sage advice he's give to many of us.

Lighten up.

:cheers:

Bowers

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green