News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Minimum Post Count To Use Classified Section

Started by Mopar440+6, April 12, 2013, 08:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar440+6

Ok, I know I'm not very active on this forum anymore but this has become a bit more than a pet peeve. I am sick and tired of seeing "members" with post counts of 2, 1, or even 0 who are joining the site solely to sell stuff. To make matters more annoying, half the time these ads aren't even Charger related, don't list any reasonable amount of information and some of them sound entirely like a scam. I understand that the market surrounding classic cars has gotten to a point where it is almost impossible to be brand/model specific. However, I would at least like to see that people aren't using this site as their personal CL. The classified section should be a privilege to meaningful contributors of the site. Most of the other forums that I am a member of have a minimum time period and post count before you can post ads in the classifieds sections. I understand that this could increase "post whoring" but it seems there's a fair amount of that on here now too. One site even has it set such that off topic posts don't count and if you're caught post whoring, you get banned. I guess having been around since the original D-C.com, I have a certain attachment to this forum but I rarely get on here anymore because its like the romper room in here compared to the other forums I now frequent. Am I the only one that feels like the rules are just a bit too loose?
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Baldwinvette77

I see what you mean, but to be fair, i joined here JUST to post a wanted ad while looking for a car, but i stuck around  :shruggy:

68bluegts

My post count was up in the hundreds before the site was changed in 2000. Is there any way to fix this??

Thanks,
Jay
Member of old Dodge Charger website since 2000