News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New spark plugs, more power

Started by Firetodd, June 13, 2014, 11:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Quote from: charge69 on July 16, 2014, 11:03:50 AM
Forgot to mention:  I am running a one-off CompCams hyd roller cam with these specs" Gross valve lift Intake .596  Exh .577  duration @ .006 tappet lift is 304 for intake & exh.   valve timing a .050  Open Int 14 BTDC  Exh 54 BBDC   Close  Int. 54 ABDC   Exh 14 ATDC

Cam specs for cam installed @ 110.00 intake center line

Duration @ 050  Intake 248   Exh 248 
Lobe lift both  .3800
Lobe separation  110.0

The shop installed Champion RN12YC in it and that is what is still there.

I'd give a set of these a try and see how it runs  ;)

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/ngk-7734

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

charge69

Ok,  I will put them in and give it a try.  Thanks and I will let you know how it works out!

P.S.   My local O'reilly's has this plug for $2.19 each and they are in stock!

johnnycharger

Quote from: green69rt on July 16, 2014, 07:48:28 AM
Quote from: johnnycharger on July 16, 2014, 12:04:54 AM
I finally got a free evening to swap the plugs! Thanks for the suggestion Ron and for the link to the inexpensive website Cudaken! 
I haven't taken it for a drive yet but intend to tomorrow evening.  Here is a picture of the Bosch platinum plugs that I did have installed. This is the first time I have seen this....the electrodes are half tan and half dark in each plug  :shruggy:.

Maybe the side that faces the intake valve gets washed by fuel vapor.  It would be hard to prove unless you made a mark on the spark plug to keep track of its position.

Hmmm... that is a good idea.

I took her out for a test drive and it is a great improvement according to the butt dyno! THANKS RON!!!! :2thumbs: :cheers:

don duick

billssuperbird

I took mine out last night it ran great.  :drive:

myk

I STILL can't believe how effective these plugs are.  I feel and sound like someone trapped in an infomercial for something that couldn't possibly work, but suddenly IT DOES...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

johnnycharger

Quote from: myk on July 17, 2014, 08:41:59 AM
I STILL can't believe how effective these plugs are.  I feel and sound like someone trapped in an infomercial for something that couldn't possibly work, but suddenly IT DOES...

That sums it up perfectly!  I think I will have to look for some for my SRT4 to try....

firefighter3931

It's nice to hear all these cars are showing some driveability improvements and performance gains  :icon_smile_cool:

Makes the hobby a lot more enjoyable allthough the back tires might not be so happy !  :lol:  :drive:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

74bluecharger440

Just ordered a set of 8 from Napa they will be in tomorrow AM ..3.77 each Canadian $$$$