News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

426 Hemi in '69 Charger throttle cable: not-OEM

Started by hemi68charger, June 14, 2014, 07:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
Trying to help out a buddy. Seems his carb hasn't been opening all the way and it has to do with the configuration of the throttle cable assembly. He's only getting about 3/4 to 4/5 of the total movement of the throttle arm on this beast. The installer you put the motor in it apparently never QC'd the set-up to make sure it was moving the full arc. Scott never thought it wasn't until he was tinkering with the motor this week and discovered the discrepancy. Anyone out there with a proven setup based on what you see? The car is a '69 Charger R/T.

Thanks..
T
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

XH29N0G

I suspect you need something like a Holley 20-7 throttle lever adapter.  I use one on a low block with a QF carburetor and it allows the travel in the pedal to open it all the way.  A possible issue may be how it fits with the assembly that is holding the springs and cable at the carburetor.  Maybe someone else will have an idea or know for sure whether this is the fix you need.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....