News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how much back and forth movement can my crankshaft have.

Started by troy.70R/T, June 12, 2014, 04:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

I was wondering how much back and forth movement is acceptable in a 383 engine. The engine runs good but should there be any slop at all.

don duick

troy.70R/T

c00nhunterjoe

How much do you have and what prompted the question?????

A383Wing

by back & forth, do you mean turning the crank at the front bolt or are you pulling & pushing the crank in and out at the pulley?

fy469rtse

He's talking about movement in and out , clearance to thrust centre crankshaft bearing ,
? New engine ,

troy.70R/T

yes I am talking about the thrust not the rotation. I asked the question cause it just seemed to have to much movement . I was putting a gasket kit in the motor and just wanted to know. I might just use the other 383 that I have instead of this one. I wanted to use the 65 383 and save the 67 383 I figured the 65 might have higher compression ( more HP) than the 67. the 65 has closed chamber heads and the 67 had open chamber heads on it.

A383Wing

measure it and see what it actually is...don't guess as to what might be "too much"